Syria Program Associate
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2023
Hala Systems is a social enterprise working to transform the nature of protection and accountability in the world's toughest places by democratizing advanced defense, sensing, and artificial intelligence technology. Hala is currently saving lives, reducing trauma, and improving resilience for millions of people.
Our team works across the globe and hails from over 15 countries. We speak more than 20 languages and have studied and worked in leading educational, business, research and government institutions. We are mission-driven thinkers, and we share a deep respect for each other and for the communities that partner with us.
We believe in innovation with purpose, focusing on developing real and applicable technology solutions to the challenges facing the planet. We believe in working ethically and collaboratively, and making decisions with transparency. We value flexibility, adaptability, and a good sense of humor.
The Program Associate will provide support to Hala’s Syria Operations Team. This position provides general administrative, research, and coordination assistance across the team to support the successful management of partnerships and program operations in Syria. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in a similar program support or field research role, specifically in the Syrian context, with demonstrable organization and communication skills.
This is a full-time, permanent position preferably located in Lisbon, Portugal, though other locations may be considered, with a yearly gross salary range of 30.000 € - 40.000 €.
We’ll trust you to:
- Assist the Syria program team in coordinating, recording, and disseminate notes during and after meetings and training sessions with local partners and field teams. Keep up-to-date partners meeting notes in Coda.
- Support day-to-day email communication with local partner field teams, at the direction of Project Officers.
- Organize and file program documents and inputs from field consultants and add resources to Hala’s Syria research database.
- Assist in the development of content and presentations for training sessions with local partners and consultants, at the direction of the Project Officers and Team Lead. Assist in developing and implementing pre and post-training evaluations, in close coordination with the Project Officer and Hala’s M&E Officer.
- Assist in the organization and implementation of product development field research, in coordination with the Project Officer, and at the direction of Hala’s Product team.
- Attend staff meetings and lead note-taking and filing, as requested.
- Review, fact-check, and assess reports and work produced by local partners, in coordination with the relevant Project Officer.
- Prepare procurement requests, collect signatures, and conduct purchases, on a local level only, in coordination with the Program Coordinator and Compliance Officer for all related documentation.
- Communicate with related stakeholders (team members or partners) to deliver procured items to them and document signed receipt slips.
- Assist with other complementary duties as needed.
Who you are:
- A detail-oriented person.
- A team player with a demonstrated ability to work with diverse team members across multiple time zones.
- A highly organized individual who is self-motivated.
- A values-driven, trustworthy, and honest person with a passion for helping people in need.
We’d love to see:
- Strong organizational, administrative, and note-taking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface with internal team members and field-based partners.
- Experience working in the Syrian context.
- Experience supporting field research in Syria and/or coordinating with partners in Syria is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in Arabic. Intermediate English language.
What Hala offers you:
- Life-saving social impact.
- Competitive salaries.
- Unlimited vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it. All staff take a minimum of 22 days off plus holidays, including a mandatory 2 week vacation.
- Comprehensive, world-wide healthcare, dental and vision insurance for you and your family at no cost to you.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible working policy, including the ability to work from home.
- Computer and other office equipment to help you get your job done.
- Relocation assistance for you, your family, and your pets for eligible positions.
- A diverse, international community of dedicated, hardworking team players committed to interdisciplinary collaboration and a thriving workplace culture.
- Opportunities for international travel, including to program locations and satellite offices.
What happens next:
We will review applications and reach out to candidates advancing to the interview stage on a rolling basis. You should expect a screening call, followed by several interviews with team members and the supervisor for this role, concluding with the opportunity to speak with one of our co-founders. Prior to the final interview, we will also request references that attest to your previous experience, work ethic, and values.
You will receive a confirmation that your application was received, and you’ll also hear back from us whether you’re selected for an interview or not. Please note that we are unable to offer individualized feedback before the first interview round due to the volume of applications we receive.
See more open positions at Hala Systems
Something looks off?