Senior/Experienced Mid Level Software Engineer (Remote)
At Hovercast we work with political campaigns, nonprofit organizations, artists and brands to help define the future of live entertainment and events. Our products create interactive live streams that raise money, look great, and boost engagement. Hovercast's clients have included Bernie Sanders, Donald Glover, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Comcast, Old Spice, and Audi.
We need software engineers to help build intuitive tools with great user experiences for broadcasters and event organizers, powered by scalable cloud infrastructure.
We’re a small, distributed team, so the ideal applicant:
- is independent enough to manage their own work but eager to jump into Slack with questions or answers of their own
- continually uses web technologies in creative new contexts
- has strong opinions that are weakly held
- contributes to our diversity and breadth of perspective and knowledge
We love folks with cross-disciplinary talents, comfortable switching between some combination of design, front-end and back-end skillsets. That said, we don’t expect anyone to check all of the boxes below.
We’re looking for several years of on-the-job experience in at least 3-4 of the following:
- Web Animation: CSS, SVG, or otherwise
- Google Cloud Platform
- Cloud Functions or other Serverless Infrastructure
- Integrating third-party social and payment APIs
It would be great if you’ve worked with:
- Framer Motion
- RTMP or HLS video pipelines
- Crypto/ETH transactions
We’d love to hear about that time you built:
- a data pipeline
- a service that scales
- a Serverless API
- a Video Encoder
- an animation in CSS even you were surprised by
- a particularly useful reporting dashboard
- a CMS or a webpage builder
We are flexible and accommodating for folks with families/varying schedules. As a full time employee, we offer a benefits package and time off when you need it, as well as a small amount of equity.
*Hovercast values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Hovercast is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Something looks off?