Data Analyst / Insights Analyst
INTRVL LLC, a media measurement firm in liberal and progressive politics, is seeking a data analyst to explore political and advertising datasets, shape high-impact narratives from complex data sources, and present unique insights to sophisticated, media-focused clients.
This data analyst should have at least 3 years of experience – in any industry – querying databases, visualizing standard statistics and modeled outputs, and developing repeatable processes for the analysis and presentation of timely, mission-critical quantitative information.
Ideally, this data analyst will have had previous exposure to or a demonstrated interest in politics, liberal policy issues, and or the delivery of multichannel media.
- Query databases or read modeling outputs – from flat files to SQL tables to JSON – to provide: updates to clients on project progress, QA checks for the data science team on data integrity, and assessments of the relevancy and actionability of disparate datasets.
- Create presentations with custom analysis of INTRVL’s data for clients in politically-relevant fields, from green energy to national political campaigns.
- Standardize and automate the production of branded graphs, maps, and other data visualizations, in Plotly, Google Sheets, or another platform.
- Write summaries of project goals and outcomes in conjunction with the client, data science, and product teams.
- Manage multiple concurrent project process flows and deadlines to ensure client success and coordination among INTRVL’s relevant teams.
- Independently seek out new datasets and analysis methods to enrich INTRVL’s understanding of the political landscape and improve INTRVL’s media measurement and public opinion modeling.
- Envision long term or future client demands and proactively learn new skills or develop new processes to meet those upcoming challenges.
- Assess and contribute new features to INTRVL’s internal tools or SAAS products, from data visualizations to CSV exports to summary statistics.
- Participate in marketing and client services discussions, to highlight the applicability of INTRVL’s data in shaping media narratives and achieving client goals.
Team and Role Details
While INTRVL’s core leadership resides in New York City, INTRVL is a “remote first” company spanning Colorado, Illinois, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.
Depending on the applicant’s abilities to fulfill existing business needs, this data analyst will directly report to the client services, data science, or product team leader. However, all INTRVL employees participate in extensive cross-discipline coordination and communication – across client services, data science, and product engineering.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $60,000 – $80,000, depending on the applicant’s experience and skills.
- PowerPoint or Google Slides (Required)
- Excel or Google Sheets (Required)
- Pivot Tables
- SQL (Required)
- Python (Preferred)
- Jira (Required)
- GitHub (Required)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Preferred)
INTRVL is a measurement firm of data scientists, experimenters, and visualizers, constantly iterating to build the best products and tools to measure and optimize advertising campaign impacts.
INTRVL’s clients run large scale media campaigns to boost support for progressive political candidates and address climate change, COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy, voting rights, and other critical issues of our day. INTRVL empowers these organizations with the best available tools to quantify their influence and optimize media. Our team trusts data and has seen first-hand the extraordinary benefits high-quality analysis can achieve when used to drive decisions.
INTRVL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter. Additionally, please include a link or screenshot of a recent, newsworthy data visualization that piqued your interest – bonus points if you have ideas on how to produce and or improve that visualization.