INTRVL LLC, a media measurement firm in liberal and progressive politics, is seeking full-stack developers to build pipelines for the ingestion of political and advertising datasets, develop robust QA practices for those pipelines, and visualize and manipulate those datasets within INTRVL’s internal tooling and SAAS offerings.
This full-stack developer should have at least 2 years of experience in software engineering, having architected simple technical solutions to solve complex engineering challenges within back-end and front-end systems, and demonstrated proficiency in creating and maintaining basic UIs that feature data-based components such as graphs and visualizations.
Ideally, this full-stack developer will have had previous exposure to or a demonstrated interest in politics, liberal policy issues, and or the delivery of multichannel media.
- Implement and or learn Airflow for ETL processes involving both internal and external datasets, with rigorous QA checks and automated failure notifications.
- Write DBT for the transformation of these internal and external datasets into various levels of aggregate tables to bolster INTRVL’s modeling and inform client communications.
- Utilize Google’s Cloud Platform to mirror datasets into BigQuery and PostgreSQL, for consumption by other teams, internal tools, and external user interfaces.
- Manage multiple concurrent project process flows and deadlines to ensure client success and coordination among INTRVL’s relevant teams.
- Design or implement branded user interface elements in React (or other frameworks) to enable greater internal and external automation.
- Build APIs (Flask and or FastAPI) with authentication protocols for the delivery of sensitive client data.
- Extensively comment and document code, to better enable onboarding for new technical team members.
Team and Role Details
While INTRVL’s core leadership resides in New York City, INTRVL is a “remote first” company spanning Colorado, Illinois, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.
Depending on the applicant’s abilities to fulfill existing business needs, the full-stack developer will report directly to INTRVL’s CTO or product team leader. However, all INTRVL employees participate in extensive cross-discipline coordination and communication – across client services, data science, and product engineering.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $80,000 – $100,000, depending on the applicant’s experience and skills.
- GCS, AWS, or Azure (Required)
- Airflow (Required)
- SQL (Required)
- Python (Required)
- React or Other Frameworks
- Jira (Required)
- GitHub (Required)
INTRVL is a measurement firm of data scientists, experimenters, and visualizers, constantly iterating to build the best products and tools to measure and optimize advertising campaign impacts.
INTRVL’s clients run large scale media campaigns to boost support for progressive political candidates and address climate change, COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy, voting rights, and other critical issues of our day. INTRVL empowers these organizations with the best available tools to quantify their influence and optimize media. Our team trusts data and has seen first-hand the extraordinary benefits high-quality analysis can achieve when used to drive decisions.
INTRVL is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter. Additionally, please include a link or screenshot of a recent, newsworthy data visualization that piqued your interest – bonus points if you have ideas about how to produce and or improve that visualization.