Technology & Database Intern
Position Title: Technology & Database Intern
Reports to: Director of Data and Systems Management
Location: Remote or In-Person
Internship duration: Fall ( Approx. September - December)
J Street is seeking an undergraduate student or recent graduate to intern remotely or in-person. This internship is an excellent opportunity to be involved with J Street’s work in Washington and around the country, work closely with J Street staff and gain valuable work experience with the leading CRM in the world.
The Technology & Database Fellow will assist the Deputy Director of Information System & Technology with maintaining our various Salesforce CRM platform & IT Operations.
Primary responsibilities can include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Deputy Director with database administration, data entry, and cleanup;
- Perform research around best practices;
- Perform user account management activities such as onboarding and offboarding;
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with IT software and hardware such as laptops, printers, networking equipment in a non-profit setting;
- System administration; and
- Assist with testing and configuration of new technologies
More about J Street
J Street is the political home for pro-Israel, pro-peace Americans working for the future of Israel as the democratic homeland of the Jewish people. The organization believes that preserving Israel’s Jewish and democratic character depends on achieving a two-state solution, resulting in a Palestinian state living alongside Israel in peace and security.
Launched in 2008 with four staff and a limited budget, J Street is now a $10 million organization with a national staff of more than 60. The organization is headquartered in Washington, DC, employing staff in 8 cities including Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Denver and Tel Aviv.
J Street focuses its work in three main areas: (1) Advocating and demonstrating support for pro-Israel, pro-peace policies in Congress, the media and the Jewish community; (2) Endorsing and raising money for federal candidates who share J Street’s agenda; and (3) Educating the public and raising awareness of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the two-state solution.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Applicants should have:
- Technical proficiency using MacOs and excel
- Close attention to detail and quality of large dataset
- An ability to work independently and stay well organized
- Commitment to J Street’s mission
- Can-do attitude and desire to be a team player
Compensation and Time Commitment:
This is an unpaid part-time internship. If necessary, we can satisfy college credit. Applicants are considered on a rolling basis. Please indicate in your cover letter what days, hours, and possible start date you are available.
To Apply for the Position
- cover letter that explains why you are interested and qualified;
- resume; and
- list of two to three references.
J Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer