Prospect Management Senior Associate
Position: Senior Systems & Data Associate
Reports to: Director of Development Operations
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Washington, DC preferred, remote/any US-based candidates considered
Application Deadline: August 11th, 2023
J Street seeks a Senior Systems & Data Associate who will take ownership of our organizational prospecting systems and data in order to optimize and upgrade them. Working as an integral member of the Development Team, the Senior Systems & Data Associate will be responsible for collaboratively executing a plan that grows the organization’s operating funds thereby advancing the pro-Israel, pro-peace agenda in the American policy and Jewish communal arenas.
The ideal candidate will have a background in development and data systems, with proven prospecting experience. The candidate will have a passion for solving problems creatively, developing new and better systems and brainstorming on ways to improve the resources and systems upon which J Street’s fundraisers around the country rely. This position is an outstanding opportunity for a talented, motivated individual to join an organization whose influence and reach are growing enormously year-to-year.
The Senior Systems & Data Associate is a key member of the Development Department. The Senior Systems & Data Associate will work closely with fundraising staff and lay leaders all across the country to help achieve ambitious fundraising goals through the provision of excellent data on prospective fundraisers.
We are looking to add a member to the team who is excited to:
- Obsess over the ways that fundraisers at J Street identify and research new prospective donors and improve these systems;
- Closely partner with staff members to grow their prospect pipelines in order to reach fundraising goals; and
- Conduct thorough research to identify and evaluate potential individual, corporate, and foundation donors.
Project work of the Senior Systems & Data Associate includes:
- Creating and improving our systems to comprehensively research prospects across the country for political and operating dollars;
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of fundraising efforts, identifying areas for improvement and making recommendations for adjustments;
- Recruit and manage prospecting fellows;
- Help design trainings to improve the research, prospecting and organization skills of fundraising staff and key lay leaders around the country; and
- Add to our overall prospecting capacity by personally researching a select number of high value prospects.
Desired Skills and Characteristics
The ideal candidate will possess most of the following:
- At least 3 years of experience in the workforce;
- Background in development/fundraising work with proven prospecting history;
- Strong organizational skills with an eye for details;
- Creativity and an obsession with improving existing systems and resources;
- Comfort with technology, data management and online communications;
- Familiarity with Salesforce, G-Suite and iWave preferred but not required; and
- Strong team and communication skills: The ability to work within a structure that includes team members based in DC and across the country.
There are no extraordinary physical requirements for the performance of the essential functions of this position. J Street will make reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. In order to prioritize the health and safety of all employees J Street employees are required to provide proof of up-to-date COVID vaccination. J Street will discuss reasonable accommodations with employees who may be unable to receive a vaccine due to disability, the advice of a medical provider, or sincerely held religious beliefs.
More about J Street
J Street is the political home for pro-Israel, pro-peace, pro-democracy Americans who want Israel to be secure, democratic, and the national home of the Jewish people. Working in American politics and the Jewish community, J Street advocates policies that advance shared US and Israeli interests, as well as Jewish and democratic values, leading to a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Launched in 2008 with a staff of four and a limited budget, J Street is now a $13 million organization with a national staff of more than 70. The organization is headquartered in Washington, DC, employing staff in cities including Oakland, Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago, New York and Tel Aviv.
J Street focuses its work in three main areas: (1) Advocating and demonstrating support for pro-Israel, pro-peace policies in Congress, the media and the Jewish community; (2) Endorsing and raising money for federal candidates who share J Street’s agenda; and (3) Educating the public and raising awareness of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the two-state solution.
Compensation and Hours
This is an exempt full-time position. The salary range is $55,500 - $60,000. Per J Street's Collective Bargaining Agreement, pay and title are commensurate with experience and according to pay bands outlined in our CBA. This position is expected to be in person at least 4 days a week.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes unlimited personal time off, sick leave, generous parental and family leave, paid time off on many federal and Jewish holidays, health and dental insurance, company-paid life insurance, a 401k program including an employer match, commuter benefits, and a flexible spending account.
J Street recognizes a staff bargaining unit affiliated with IFPTE Local 70, a union for non-profit workers. This position is included in J Street’s bargaining unit and is covered under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
To Apply for the Position
We are excited to receive applications from a broad range of applicants as we grow our organization to better reflect the diversity of the communities that care about our mission.
Please submit the items listed below:
- Brief answers to the following questions:
- How have you previously interacted with and improved a prospect research system?
- Where would you begin to focus J Street's prospecting efforts were you to start this job?
- List of Three References
Applications are being accepted now and the position will be filled as quickly as possible.
At J Street we value an inclusive, welcoming, and diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to understanding and valuing each other’s perspectives at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our employees, and the communities we work with. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment and fellowship, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.