J Street Israel Intern
Position title: J Street Israel Intern
Reports to: Israel Program Senior Associate
Location: Tel Aviv, hybrid model
Internship duration: Flexible, minimum of 10 weeks
Hours: 10-30 hours per week
J Street’s Israel office is seeking an undergraduate/gap year student for an internship position. The internship is a great opportunity to get extensive experience and learn valuable skills while contributing to a cause you believe in.
J Street interns in Israel support the work of the Israel office in developing and implementing top-notch educational programs and expanding our network of Israeli and Palestinian contacts. This position is ideal for applicants interested in non-profit work or political advocacy.
- Data management: researching and providing basic info on Israeli contacts, working in spreadsheets to update contact data, updating ‘Salesforce’ with new contacts and relationships, and maintaining clean data.
- Logistical support for delegations: assisting the Israel team in preparing materials for Congressional and Leadership delegations, joining the delegation for 1-2 days to lend a hand, taking inventory of supplies and materials
- Assisting in administrative tasks as needed: drafting emails and memos, updating resources and joining meetings as desired.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Alignment with J Street’s mission
- Proficiency with Google Applications (Gmail, Google Drive, spreadsheets) and Microsoft Excel; experience with database management a plus
- Hebrew a plus
More about J Street
J Street is the political home for pro-Israel, pro-peace Americans working for the future of Israel as the democratic homeland of the Jewish people. The organization believes that preserving Israel’s Jewish and democratic character depends on achieving a two-state solution, resulting in a Palestinian state living alongside Israel in peace and security.
J Street focuses its work in three main areas: (1) Advocating and demonstrating support for pro-Israel, pro-peace policies in Congress, the media and the Jewish community; (2) Endorsing and raising money for federal candidates who share J Street’s agenda; and (3)
Educating the public and raising awareness of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the two-state solution.
The official goal of the J Street office in Israel is to increase the awareness, knowledge and education of US decision makers and members of the Jewish community regarding Israel, as well as increase the affinity and foster the relationship between Israel and the American Jewish community that supports Israel and peace.
We are excited to receive applications from a broad range of applicants as we grow our organization to better reflect the diversity of the communities that care about our mission. Please submit the items listed below:
- Cover letter that explains why you are interested and qualified for this position