Data and Quality Assurance Analyst
MapLight, an innovative, award-winning nonprofit that builds software and data systems to improve democracy, is seeking a Data and Quality Assurance Analyst to join its product team. This position is full-time and remote.
The product team works closely with the engineering team to design, build, and operate MapLight’s software. The Data and Quality Assurance Analyst analyzes campaign finance and lobbying data and contributes to the development of data processes. The Data and Quality Assurance Analyst participates in QA of new software and supports other testers, with a particular focus on the accurate presentation of data. The ideal candidate is both comfortable working with the engineering team and can communicate with end users about their business needs. Proactively identifying potential problems is a major plus.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent attention to detail. You should be a team player, able to balance multiple tasks, with a passion for bringing government data to life for a general audience. You should be a dedicated problem-solver comfortable working with quantitative data in a variety of ways. Ideal candidates will be motivated to support MapLight's mission and work.
- Create Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) procedures to convert data to MapLight products
- Design, develop, execute and maintain QA test plans and cases
- Analyze campaign finance and lobbying datasets
- Design and create data visualizations (reports and dashboards) as required to support business needs
- Collaborate with technical staff and end users to understand and troubleshoot platform issues and develop appropriate solutions
- Assist in troubleshooting data and website issues as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience working with databases, especially writing SQL queries
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including advanced Excel skills
- Dedication to detail-oriented, thorough, and accurate work
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Outstanding time management and communication skills
- Experience creating data visualizations
- Software product team experience (working through the full software development lifecycle) is a plus
- Knowledge of American politics and government – experience in political science or public policy is a plus
Salary & Benefits
This position is full-time and remote. The salary floor/minimum is $70,000, but the final salary for this position will be commensurate with experience and could be higher for exceptionally experienced candidates. This position includes a generous benefits package that includes paid vacation, health, dental, and vision insurance, and retirement matching.
To Apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Data and Quality Assurance Analyst”. If you have questions or require accommodation in the scheduling, interviewing, or hiring stage, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MapLight designs, builds, and operates software and data systems to improve democracy and advance policies in the public interest. We specialize in campaign finance, voter information, government data, and other data-driven applications. We serve governments, nonprofits, and other organizations seeking transparency, accountability, and other positive social impacts.
We believe that everyone deserves an equal voice in our democracy. We support reducing the influence of special interests on government, protecting and strengthening the institutions of democracy, and providing a just society, economy, and environment for everyone. We are nonprofit and nonpartisan.
MapLight is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and value a diversity of lived experiences and perspectives that will help further the democracy-oriented work we do. As such, MapLight is committed to an inclusive workplace in all aspects of employment operations; from recruiting, hiring, promoting, training and professional development, compensation, benefits, to discipline, and terms of employment. We know that research shows some applicants – more often underrepresented applicants – downplay their skills. If your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed but you can shine in this role, we want to hear from you. Please apply and tell us why you’re the right person for the job!
MapLight does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, country of origin, citizenship, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, political affiliation, exercising one’s right to family care and medical leave, medical condition, including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, or any other category protected by local, state, or federal laws. We are not offering US visa sponsorship at this time. Black & Indigenous people of color, immigrants, LGBTQI+ individuals, folks with disabilities, neuro-diverse people and formerly incarcerated people are highly encouraged to apply.