Senior Financial Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, January 18, 2023
At MissionWired, we help our partners create revolutionary fundraising strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
MissionWired is the only wholly integrated direct marketing agency for nonprofits and Democratic organizations. We help our partners tell big, ambitious stories that invite their supporters into communities to raise mission-changing revenue. Our results are unrivaled, having converted more than $3.1 billion in donations to the world’s most trusted philanthropies and groundbreaking campaigns. We do it over email and SMS, in the mail, across social media, everywhere. We don’t think in terms of channels; we’re single-minded in pursuit of your success.
We’re innovative, progress-obsessed, do-gooders who care deeply about social change and continuing to push the limits on what we can accomplish together. We’ve brought strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Sandy Hook Promise, Human Rights Watch, The Humane Society of the U.S., Save the Children, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates like President Biden’s re-election campaign and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC). Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country and elect Democrats to legislative bodies up and down the ballot.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: MissionWired is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst, reporting to the Director of FP&A, to assist in the budgeting, forecasting, long-term planning, implementation and business strategic analysis of the financial team. The Financial Analyst will be hands-on and have the leadership ability and talent to develop the functions to meet growing business needs as we scale. We are looking for a true strategic partner and valuable voice to represent the finance team as we continue to grow our teams and services.
Successful candidates will:
- Working cross-functionally with department leads to forecast, measure, evaluate and report on revenue and operating expenses;
- Assisting in the monthly preparation of income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements;
- Performing regular and ad-hoc analyses that provide insightful views into the operations and financial performance of the company; and
- Executing on process improvement and automation efforts to streamline FP&A operations and improve the speed and quality of financial reporting.
- 4+ years of experience in FP&A, corporate finance or investment banking;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, with the ability to build and teach advanced financial models and translate them into impactful presentations;
- Knowledge and experience in managing direct expense forecasting;
- Ability to collaborate with and communicate financial concepts to non-finance team members and executives.
- Strong knowledge of accounting operations, for example month-end closes;
- Comfortability working in a growing, entrepreneurial organization that may require development and implementation of new processes;
- Proficiency with accounting software and translating ERP data into useful management reporting
- Ability to quickly identify both risks and opportunities while maintaining a strong focus on both process improvements and results; and
- Prioritization of the integrity and accuracy of financial reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field;
- Professional services/agency focus preferred; and
- Passion, energy, and excitement for progressive and philanthropic causes.
Salary range for this role is $70,000 to $80,000 per year, depending on experience.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
*Supporting your team on some nights and weekends as we approach high-volume times such as elections may be required.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
We are currently working remotely with no return to office date. Applicants may reside in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Due to FL legislation, MissionWired is required to participate in e-verify.