Account Director, Direct Mail
Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2023
MissionWired is the only wholly integrated, digital-first direct marketing agency for nonprofits and Democratic organizations. We help our partners tell big, ambitious stories that invite their supporters into communities to raise mission-changing revenue. Our results are unrivaled, having converted more than $3.1 billion in donations to the world’s most trusted philanthropies and groundbreaking campaigns. We do it over email and SMS, in the mail, across social media, everywhere. We don’t think in terms of channels; we’re single-minded in pursuit of your success.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Sandy Hook Promise, International African American Museum, Animal Legal Defense Fund, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
We are currently looking for one unique and talented individual to join our Direct Mail Team!
The Account Director will serve as the primary contact for one or more medium or large clients and will
oversee the day-to-day fundraising functions. The Account Director are leaders and have the knowledge
and skill set to confidently manage and deliver in all aspects of the program. This role functions as a key
contributor to program success. This level employee assumes supervisory responsibilities of one or more
employees. This position usually requires at least 9 plus years of direct mail or fundraising experience.
What you get to do:
- Lead all aspects of the production process and troubleshoot production issues as needed;
- Drive the scheduling of regular strategic meetings for the internal team, including performance reviews, budget strategy setting and messaging/creative reviews;
- Lead the budget strategy and build out the budget and cash flow documents;
- Prepare detailed performance reports and strategic overviews for client meetings;
- Lead the preparation of strategy memos: identifying goals, audiences, testing and messages, to kick off a mail and/or email effort;
- Lead the day-to-day management of integrated multi-channel campaigns and client interaction;
- Maintain excellent client and internal relationships by leading meetings, ensuring excellent communications, and serving as effective client advocate.
- Lead and direct complex analytical and statistical analysis, including donor value reports, and consistently use testing reports to drive strategy;
- Assist in recruiting new business for the firm;
- Take a leadership role in staff training, mentoring and development (DM 101, retreat, etc.);
- Develop and implement new and innovative approaches to provide, expand or improve current programs;
- Develop and lead strategic plans designed to ensure client satisfaction by identifying issues and offering creative and timely solutions to those issues;
- Develop long term strategic plans designed to ensure account retention, continued account success and realistic program expansion;
- Utilize a multichannel marketing approach to achieve client objectives;
- Direct the creative process and is the source of new creative ideas;
- Design and develop integrated direct marketing plans;
- Collaborate internally to plan and deploy campaigns;
- Mine customer and prospect data to prepare list recommendations and targeting criteria for customer and prospect vehicles;
- Leverage database segmentation for enhanced campaign execution;
- Translate direct marketing principles into actionable campaign queries across multiple channels;
- Project manage the campaign development process- includes reviewing requirements, preparation and completion of design documentation using internal tools/systems and timely execution;
- Lead the processing of targeting and database strategies to drive new donor acquisition for key clients;
- Resolve any potential client concerns in a manner that strengthens the client/agency relationship using whatever agency resources are required to accomplish this goal;
- Provide direction on the goals and anticipated outcome of campaign, campaign analytics etc.; and
- Create strategic campaign overview, with recommendations for future programs.
Who you are:
- The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of Jewish religious and cultural traditions, along with a track record of successful engagement institutions and organizations in the Jewish community. This includes demonstrated experience in building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders in the Jewish community and understanding the unique needs and perspectives. The candidate should also be well-versed in the history and values that are important to the Jewish community. Our clients consist of organizations that have held a significant place in the history of the Jewish-American community.
- Ability to apply strategic direct marketing principles.
- 9+ years of experience within a fundraising agency or related agency experience
- Ability to mediate conflicts;
- Strong management and leadership experience;
- Effective time and crisis management;
- Ability to set and achieve goals;
- Ability to teach and enforce MissionWired systems and operating procedures;
- Serves as a professional representative of MissionWired within the industry;
- Ability to set and achieve goals, personally and in a team environment;
- Professional representative for the company and client;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Experience with client budgets: planning and forecasting experience; and
- Strong financial acumen.
The salary for this position begins at $90,000 per year, depending on experience.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
We are currently working remotely with no return to office date. Applicants may reside in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Due to FL legislation, MissionWired is required to participate in e-verify.