Associate Vice President of Digital Production
United States · Remote
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2023
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
MissionWired is the only wholly integrated, digital-first direct marketing agency for nonprofits and Democratic organizations. We help our partners tell big, ambitious stories that invite their supporters into communities to raise mission-changing revenue. Our results are unrivaled, having converted more than $3.1 billion in donations to the world’s most trusted philanthropies and groundbreaking campaigns. We do it over email and SMS, in the mail, across social media, everywhere. We don’t think in terms of channels; we’re single-minded in pursuit of your success.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Sandy Hook Promise, Animal Legal Defense Fund, Save the Children, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country while electing Democrats to office at every level.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are looking for an associate vice president of digital production who is ready to throw their digital skills behind electing Democrats, combating climate change, and other world-changing initiatives. You’ll be adding firepower to our digital production team in leading our top-notch email producers, optimizing our production workflow, and crunching email and advertisement response data – playing a crucial role in online advocacy, fundraising, social media, and list growth strategy. (And you’ll be doing it for some of the biggest names in the progressive movement!) Join us and let’s GO!
You will be responsible for:
- Tracking the stage of tech projects and status of completion, in an easily accessible format for leadership. For example: migrations from bulk email tools and working with web development team on assessing web-based projects;
- Optimizing the use of our project tracking software, JIRA, by developing new and improved practices and communicating those practices firm wide;
- Providing guidance on Salesforce Marketing Cloud data projects;
- Working closely with 10-15 full-time production staff to identify areas of growth and supporting them in the learning of new skills;
- Lead project management during high volume times such as end-of-month, end-of-year, Giving Tuesday, etc.
- Coordinating the schedules and managing the workload and budget of the freelance team;
- Supporting the director of digital experience in managing the production team by preparing agendas for team meetings, guiding new hires during the onboarding process, and leading by example through consistent, high-quality work;
- Providing leadership, good judgment, and counsel in various production contexts, like resource planning for big production moments, on special tech or production projects, etc; and
- Representing MissionWired and acting as a strategic partner to nonprofit and political clients as you help them resolve technical challenges.
- 5+ years of project management experience;
- Fluency in HTML, CSS, SQL, and Python;
- Experience and comfortability in training, leading, and inspiring a team;
- Experience with project tracking software such as JIRA;
- Experience building and sending emails in multiple mass emailing systems, for example, EveryAction/NGP, Salesforce Marketing Cloud or Pardot, Luminate, Engaging Networks, Mailchimp, ActionKit, Acoustic (FKA: IBM Marketing Cloud or Silverpop), and/or other platforms;
- Initiative, good judgment, and a curiosity for resolving issues by exploring and learning about new technologies;
- Ability to collaborate on a team both internally and externally;
- Deep commitment to intentional diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Clear and effective interpersonal communication skills – i.e., a stellar team player!
- Experience working with Excel or other spreadsheet or data-processing software; and
- Comfortability working closely with a team in a high volume environment with an eye for effectively managing resources.
Nice to have:
- Experience with implementation of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
Salary floor for this role starts at $90,000, depending on experience.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
*Supporting your team on some nights and weekends as we approach high-volume times such as elections may be required.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
We are currently working remotely with no return to office date. Applicants may reside in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Due to FL legislation, MissionWired is required to participate in e-verify.