Account Executive, Direct Mail
Sales & Business Development
United States · Remote
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
MissionWired is the only wholly integrated, digital-first direct marketing agency for nonprofits and Democratic organizations. We help our partners tell big, ambitious stories that invite their supporters into communities to raise mission-changing revenue. Our results are unrivaled, having converted more than $3.1 billion in donations to the world’s most trusted philanthropies and groundbreaking campaigns. We do it over email and SMS, in the mail, across social media, everywhere. We don’t think in terms of channels; we’re single-minded in pursuit of your success.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Sandy Hook Promise, International African American Museum, Animal Legal Defense Fund, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are seeking a full-time Account Executive to develop and manage integrated marketing, fundraising and communications strategies for our growing client base. If you have strong writing and analytical skills, are an expert multitasker, can lead teams effectively and want to put your stamp on creative campaigns that mobilize resources for social good, this job is for you!
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing direct mail fundraising strategies;
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to integrate direct mail campaigns with other fundraising channels such as email, SMS or others;
- Overseeing the design and production process, ensuring materials meet quality standards and are consistent with branding guidelines;
- Segmenting donor lists based on various criteria such as donor history, giving capacity, and demographics, to optimize campaign targeting;
- Analyzing campaign performance and donor responses to refine future strategies;
- Monitoring and reporting on key performance metrics, including response rates, conversion rates, and Return on Investment (ROI);
- Supporting the development of fundraising strategies to engage donors through direct mail, ensuring a positive donor experience;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant fundraising regulations and best practices;
- Preparing regular reports and documentation related to direct mail fundraising activities;
- Collaborating with external vendors, including printing and mailing services, to ensure cost-effective and timely campaign execution; and
- Managing the direct mail fundraising budget, tracking expenses and optimizing costs.
- At least 4 years of experience of consulting/agency direct mail fundraising experience, with a background in nonprofit, advocacy, or political work;
- Strong project management skills to be able to manage multiple campaigns simultaneously;
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting tools;.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for effective internal and external communication;
- Ability to think creatively to develop compelling fundraising content;
- Knowledge of fundraising regulations and ethical practices;
- Proficiency in using fundraising software and CRM systems (e.g., Raiser's Edge, Salesforce); and
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
The salary floor for this role is $60,000 + per year, commensurate with experience.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
We are currently working remotely with no return to office date. Applicants may reside in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Due to FL legislation, MissionWired is required to participate in e-verify.