Washington, DC, USA · New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
At MissionWired, we help our partners create revolutionary fundraising strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
MissionWired is the only wholly integrated direct marketing agency for nonprofits and Democratic organizations. We help our partners tell big, ambitious stories that invite their supporters into communities to raise mission-changing revenue. Our results are unrivaled, having converted more than $3.1 billion in donations to the world’s most trusted philanthropies and groundbreaking campaigns. We do it over email and SMS, in the mail, across social media, everywhere. We don’t think in terms of channels; we’re single-minded in pursuit of your success.
We’re innovative, progress-obsessed, do-gooders who care deeply about social change and continuing to push the limits on what we can accomplish together. We’ve brought strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Sandy Hook Promise, Human Rights Watch, The Humane Society of the U.S., Save the Children, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates like President Biden’s re-election campaign and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC). Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country and elect Democrats to legislative bodies up and down the ballot.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: MissionWired is looking for a direct-response marketer with experience optimizing digital programs for nonprofit organizations and/or political campaigns to join us as a Managing Strategist. The right person will live and breathe supporter engagement, digital fundraising, and advocacy, and will be eager to help our clients run best-of-breed digital programs in support of their mission. There’s nowhere else you can make a life-changing impact on causes as urgent and varied as empowering communities the world over with top international aid organizations, promoting equity in education, and combating the scourge of gun violence. We’re a little biased, sure, but you also won’t find another team like ours: We’re wired to bring together cutting-edge direct-response strategy and execution for the most pressing issues of our time.
In this role, you’d be on the front lines of the client relationship and responsible for driving the process of designing and implementing cross-channel digital marketing campaigns that deliver stellar results. You will work with clients with very different types of engagements and assume responsibility for the success of their partnerships with MissionWired, but you won't be alone: You’ll be managing a team of associates, strategists, senior strategists, writers, and production staff.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Leading teams to work with clients to develop strategies that maximize grassroots fundraising by bringing together breakthrough creative and tech resources, including custom, proprietary solutions;
- Leading the design and implementation process for innovative digital fundraising, advocacy, and communications campaigns;
- Leading cross-functional teams to implement client campaigns over all digital channels, including email, texting, web, social media, and search;
- Supporting the professional growth of colleagues via training and intentional mentorship;
- Maintaining client satisfaction including managing relationships, delivering industry-leading results, and providing exceptional customer service;
- Advising clients on industry best practices and emerging strategies;
- Leading the process of providing clients with strategic marketing planning, including revenue forecasting and budgeting;
- Working with client teams, including technology and creative, to assist in managing resources and timelines on projects; and
- Supporting business development efforts and participating in new business pitches.
- 5 or more years of in-house campaign, nonprofit or agency experience in digital communications, fundraising, and marketing for nonprofit or political organizations;
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams and being accountable for either the overall success of a program or a large component of a very large program;
- Client management experience;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment;
- Excellent verbal, analytical, written, and presentation skills;
- Experience working with eCRM platforms such as Salsa, Salesforce, or Luminate;
- Passion for making our world a better place.
- Experience with integrated fundraising or direct mail fundraising.
Salary floor for this role is $83,000+ per year, depending on experience.
This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit, and specific employment terms and conditions are subject to collective bargaining.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
*Supporting your team on some nights and weekends as we approach high-volume times such as elections may be required.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
We are currently working remotely with no return to office date. Applicants may reside in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Due to FL legislation, MissionWired is required to participate in e-verify.