Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2023
At MissionWired, we help our partners create revolutionary fundraising strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
MissionWired is the only wholly integrated direct marketing agency for nonprofits and Democratic organizations. We help our partners tell big, ambitious stories that invite their supporters into communities to raise mission-changing revenue. Our results are unrivaled, having converted more than $3.1 billion in donations to the world’s most trusted philanthropies and groundbreaking campaigns. We do it over email and SMS, in the mail, across social media, everywhere. We don’t think in terms of channels; we’re single-minded in pursuit of your success.
We’re innovative, progress-obsessed, do-gooders who care deeply about social change and continuing to push the limits on what we can accomplish together. We’ve brought strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Sandy Hook Promise, Human Rights Watch, The Humane Society of the U.S., Save the Children, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates like President Biden’s re-election campaign and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC). Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country and elect Democrats to legislative bodies up and down the ballot.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: Our education associate supports a world-changing nonprofit by driving Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram conversations between K-12 educators. As a member of our team, you’ll collaborate with our account and content strategists to transform teachers’ likes, shares, and comments into insights that can make a difference in classrooms. You’ll be the voice of the organization across social channels, using social listening tools and good judgment to spot trends, surface opportunities, and inform ways our program can respond to educators’ needs and support more equitable outcomes for students.
Experience in education and social media community management is a plus. An eagerness to learn and make a difference is essential!
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Writing compelling social media copy to engage with teachers across social platforms;
- Identifying real-time opportunities to build relationships with educators over social media;
- Working with our team to carry out multiple tasks and support multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment;
- Generating insights using results and social analytics tools to optimize content and strategy;
- Contributing to collaborative brainstorms and planning sessions; and
- Analyzing performance to determine future messaging.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to write error-free, high-volume social media copy in the account-specific style;
- Strong organizational skills and obsessive attention to detail;
- Understanding of the social media universe;
- Comfort receiving feedback and addressing both written and live edits;
- Enthusiasm for learning social media technology and staying on the cutting edge of social media strategy and innovation; and
- Passion for equity in education and a desire to support the work K-12 educators do in their classrooms.
- Experience related to K-12 education; and
- Experience with social media writing, community management and social media analytics tools.
Salary range for this role is $50,000 to $60,000 per year, depending on experience.
Please note: when hired, the official title of this role will be Digital Associate.
This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit, and specific employment terms and conditions are subject to collective bargaining.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
*Supporting your team on some nights and weekends as we approach high-volume times such as elections may be required.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
We are currently working remotely with no return to office date. Applicants may reside in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Due to FL legislation, MissionWired is required to participate in e-verify.