Art Designer, Direct Mail
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2023
At MissionWired, we help our partners create revolutionary fundraising strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
MissionWired is the only wholly integrated direct marketing agency for nonprofits and Democratic organizations. We help our partners tell big, ambitious stories that invite their supporters into communities to raise mission-changing revenue. Our results are unrivaled, having converted more than $3.1 billion in donations to the world’s most trusted philanthropies and groundbreaking campaigns. We do it over email and SMS, in the mail, across social media, everywhere. We don’t think in terms of channels; we’re single-minded in pursuit of your success.
We’re innovative, progress-obsessed, do-gooders who care deeply about social change and continuing to push the limits on what we can accomplish together. We’ve brought strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Sandy Hook Promise, Human Rights Watch, The Humane Society of the U.S., Save the Children, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates like President Biden’s re-election campaign and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC). Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country and elect Democrats to legislative bodies up and down the ballot.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with creative team leads to develop and maintain compelling, authentic creative for world-changing nonprofits, Democratic elected officials, and political challengers;
- Creating design solutions and print materials including direct mail pieces, brochures, and flyers that have a high visual impact and consistent branding;
- Working closely with internal teams to understand the clients’ needs;
- Creating designs across various print media that are both creative and effective in communicating complex messages to target audiences;
- Developing design concepts and suggesting design ideas with internal and client teams in a deadline-driven environment;
- Contributing to client meetings, and presenting creative work to internal teams;
- Creating design decks that follow client brand and style guidelines.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in direct mail visual or print design;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat), and other relevant design software;
- Creative, collaborative, solutions-focused, and highly detail-oriented;
- A predisposition toward out-of-the-box thinking and bold ideas;
- Flexible to adapt design to prescribed style and format;
- Passion for making our world a better place.
- Background in politics, fundraising, or advocacy preferred but not required;
- Understanding of post-production, printing process preferred but not required;
Salary range for this role is $60,000 to $70,000 per year, depending on experience.
This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit, and specific employment terms and conditions are subject to collective bargaining.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
*Supporting your team on some nights and weekends as we approach high-volume times such as elections may be required.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
We are currently working remotely with no return to office date. Applicants may reside in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Due to FL legislation, MissionWired is required to participate in e-verify.