Marketing & Communications
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
At MissionWired, we help our partners create revolutionary fundraising strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
MissionWired is the only wholly integrated direct marketing agency for nonprofits and Democratic organizations. We help our partners tell big, ambitious stories that invite their supporters into communities to raise mission-changing revenue. Our results are unrivaled, having converted more than $3.1 billion in donations to the world’s most trusted philanthropies and groundbreaking campaigns. We do it over email and SMS, in the mail, across social media, everywhere. We don’t think in terms of channels; we’re single-minded in pursuit of your success.
We’re innovative, progress-obsessed, do-gooders who care deeply about social change and continuing to push the limits on what we can accomplish together. We’ve brought strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Sandy Hook Promise, Human Rights Watch, The Humane Society of the U.S., Save the Children, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates like President Biden’s re-election campaign and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC). Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country and elect Democrats to legislative bodies up and down the ballot.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with creative team leads to develop and maintain compelling, authentic creative strategies for world-changing nonprofits, Democratic elected officials, and political challengers;
- Working with internal and client teams to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment;
- Writing copy that drives action to achieve direct response campaign objectives including direct donations, engagement, list growth, and cultivation;
- Delivering copy that is consistent with an organization’s voice and adapted across channels;
- Contributing to client meetings, and presenting creative work to internal teams;
- Creating final copy decks that follow client brand and style guidelines and cite the source of information used.
- Up to 3 years experience, including internships, writing in the advocacy or political field, writing in someone else’s voice, or writing for a school paper;
- Detail-oriented proofreader and researcher;
- A mind for both finding the right words and explaining the thinking behind them;
- Comfort with receiving feedback, and addressing both written and live edits;
- Creative, collaborative and solutions-focused;
- Detail-oriented multitasker who can shift priorities in a rapid-response environment;
- Flexible to adapt writing to prescribed voice, style and format;
- A predisposition toward out-of-the-box thinking and bold ideas;
- Passion for making our world a better place.
- Experience reviewing and optimizing written material based on metrics is a plus;
- Background in political campaigns or with a nonprofit is preferred.
Salary range for this role is $50,000 to $60,000 per year, depending on experience.
This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit, and specific employment terms and conditions are subject to collective bargaining.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
*Supporting your team on some nights and weekends as we approach high-volume times such as elections may be required.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
We are currently working remotely with no return to office date. Applicants may reside in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Due to FL legislation, MissionWired is required to participate in e-verify.