Acquisition Coordinator, Direct Mail
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
At MissionWired, we help our partners create revolutionary fundraising strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
MissionWired is the only wholly integrated direct marketing agency for nonprofits and Democratic organizations. We help our partners tell big, ambitious stories that invite their supporters into communities to raise mission-changing revenue. Our results are unrivaled, having converted more than $3.1 billion in donations to the world’s most trusted philanthropies and groundbreaking campaigns. We do it over email and SMS, in the mail, across social media, everywhere. We don’t think in terms of channels; we’re single-minded in pursuit of your success.
We’re innovative, progress-obsessed, do-gooders who care deeply about social change and continuing to push the limits on what we can accomplish together. We’ve brought strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Sandy Hook Promise, Human Rights Watch, The Humane Society of the U.S., Save the Children, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates like President Biden’s re-election campaign and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC). Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country and elect Democrats to legislative bodies up and down the ballot.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are seeking a full-time Acquisition Coordinator to help drive new donor growth for nonprofit and political organizations through dedicated direct mail strategies. If you have strong writing and analytical skills, are an expert multitasker, and are eager to add to your skills in a collaborative, energetic work environment that’s fighting for social good, this job is for you!
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting with new donor growth for our nonprofit and political clients by developing prospective donor target audience for direct mail campaigns;
- Creating direct response strategies that connect donors to nonprofit and political organizations;
- Coordinating processes to keep donor lists organized for prospective donor communications/mailings;
- Building and maintaining relationships with data services companies and list and data vendors to generate donor lists;
- Assisting internal teams with statistical analysis to determine the performance of direct mail campaigns;
- Collaborating on the development of creative donor list strategies; and
- Assisting in the development of overall client fundraising plans and goals.
- Up to 2 years experience, including past internships and part-time work;
- Comfort owning client correspondence and providing precise written instructions to multiple stakeholders, including data services companies and vendors;
- Experience analyzing multiple sets of data;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment;
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills;
- Experience with excel, including pivot tables and lookups; and
- Passion for making the world a better place.
- Familiarity with direct mail statistics and/or nonprofit fundraising strategies.
Salary range for this role is $45,000 to $54,000 per year, depending on experience.
This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit, and specific employment terms and conditions are subject to collective bargaining.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
*Supporting your team on some nights and weekends as we approach high-volume times such as elections may be required.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
We are currently working remotely with no return to office date. Applicants may reside in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Due to FL legislation, MissionWired is required to participate in e-verify.