Accounting & Finance
Remote · United States
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
At MissionWired, we help our partners create revolutionary fundraising strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
MissionWired is the only wholly integrated direct marketing agency for nonprofits and Democratic organizations. We help our partners tell big, ambitious stories that invite their supporters into communities to raise mission-changing revenue. Our results are unrivaled, having converted more than $3.1 billion in donations to the world’s most trusted philanthropies and groundbreaking campaigns. We do it over email and SMS, in the mail, across social media, everywhere. We don’t think in terms of channels; we’re single-minded in pursuit of your success.
We’re innovative, progress-obsessed, do-gooders who care deeply about social change and continuing to push the limits on what we can accomplish together. We’ve brought strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Sandy Hook Promise, Human Rights Watch, The Humane Society of the U.S., Save the Children, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates like President Biden’s re-election campaign and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC). Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country and elect Democrats to legislative bodies up and down the ballot.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: MissionWired is always seeking great people to join our teams. In our Resume Pools, you can submit your resume and we'll reach out as soon as we have an opening in your specialized field! Please note: we are not actively hiring for this position, however, when we are you may be the first to hear from us!
MissionWired is looking for a Senior Accountant, reporting to the Director of Finance & Accounting, to join a growing financial operations team. This position will also be a critical partner to our client management, development and product teams, among others. Successful candidates will possess excellent communication and relationship building skills, having a demonstrated ability to thrive in a high-growth, deadline-driven environment. This is an opportunity to build process and foundation from the ground up as we grow our impact on the world. We help our clients achieve missions and transform lives. You’ll ensure we create a seamless experience for our partners and staff.
Successful candidates will:
- Work with the team to manage accounting and general ledger activities to ensure an accurate monthly, quarterly, and year end close;
- Gather payroll reports and prepared JE upload into the accounting system;
- Prepare and review monthly balance sheet account reconciliations;
- Analyze month end fluctuations in general ledger accounts;
- Assist in preparing monthly reporting for internal leadership;
- Assist with the annual audit process, including the readiness, execution, and preparation of supporting schedules;
- Drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline Accounting operations and improve the quality of monthly, quarterly, and annual closes, and internal controls;
- Work with other departments in accounting-related matters;
- Contribute to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures; and
- Assist with revenue billing and other transactional work, as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance;
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting role in a fast-paced environment;
- Technically minded individual comfortable with communicating finance & accounting with others;
- Excellent Excel skills required and comfortability with large data sets; and
- Experience with ERP systems preferred (Sage Intacct).
Interview process for this role is:
-Introductory call: 20-30min
-Take home exercise(s)/work sample: 1-2hr
-First round interview: 60min
-Second round interview: 45-60min
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
*Supporting your team on some nights and weekends as we approach high-volume times such as elections may be required.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
We are currently working remotely with no return to office date. Applicants may reside in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Due to FL legislation, MissionWired is required to participate in e-verify.