Operations Associate - DC
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
At MissionWired, we help our partners create revolutionary fundraising strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
MissionWired is the only wholly integrated direct marketing agency for nonprofits and Democratic organizations. We help our partners tell big, ambitious stories that invite their supporters into communities to raise mission-changing revenue. Our results are unrivaled, having converted more than $3.1 billion in donations to the world’s most trusted philanthropies and groundbreaking campaigns. We do it over email and SMS, in the mail, across social media, everywhere. We don’t think in terms of channels; we’re single-minded in pursuit of your success.
We’re innovative, progress-obsessed, do-gooders who care deeply about social change and continuing to push the limits on what we can accomplish together. We’ve brought strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Sandy Hook Promise, Human Rights Watch, The Humane Society of the U.S., Save the Children, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates like President Biden’s re-election campaign and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC). Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country and elect Democrats to legislative bodies up and down the ballot.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are seeking an Operations Associate based in our DC office who will bring a unifying and organizing approach to work and an eagerness to make a positive impact in the world. If we sound like the place for you, we would love to hear from you!
You will be responsible for:
- Managing day-to-day operations of the office (you should expect to be in the office 3-4 days out of the week);
- Working one-on-one with senior leadership to provide administrative and personal support;
- Maintaining senior leadership calendars by planning and scheduling client meetings, appointments, conference calls and travel;
- Organizing office operations and procedures and addressing employee queries regarding office management issues (e.g. office supplies, events, etc.);
- Planning in-house and off-site activities;
- Supporting the onboarding of new employees and introducing them to the company’s policies, practices and culture;
- Communicating with vendors and ensuring office expenses are tracked and reported;
- Providing top-quality customer service to clients relating to The Digital Co-Op, including regular reporting, invoicing and routing contracts for approval and signatures;
- Completing ad hoc projects as necessary;
- Joining each and every one of your colleagues in creating an inclusive workspace.
- Passion and dedication to good causes – be they political or otherwise;
- At least 1-2 years experience, including past internships and part-time work;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Ability to juggle and multitask on multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment;
- Willingness to take initiative and use good judgment to resolve issues;
- Ability to collaborate on a team both internally and externally;
- Excellent organization skills, detail-oriented mindset, and ability to follow through;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google apps.
- Background in complex scheduling is strongly preferred;
- Experience with a political campaign, nonprofit, or interactive marketing company is particularly appreciated but not required.
Salary range for this role is $50,000 to $60,000 per year, depending on experience.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
*Supporting your team on some nights and weekends as we approach high-volume times such as elections may be required.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
We are currently working remotely with no return to office date. Applicants may reside in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Due to FL legislation, MissionWired is required to participate in e-verify.