IT Support Specialist
IT, Customer Service
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
At MissionWired, we help our partners create revolutionary fundraising strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
MissionWired is the only wholly integrated direct marketing agency for nonprofits and Democratic organizations. We help our partners tell big, ambitious stories that invite their supporters into communities to raise mission-changing revenue. Our results are unrivaled, having converted more than $3.1 billion in donations to the world’s most trusted philanthropies and groundbreaking campaigns. We do it over email and SMS, in the mail, across social media, everywhere. We don’t think in terms of channels; we’re single-minded in pursuit of your success.
We’re innovative, progress-obsessed, do-gooders who care deeply about social change and continuing to push the limits on what we can accomplish together. We’ve brought strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Sandy Hook Promise, Human Rights Watch, The Humane Society of the U.S., Save the Children, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates like President Biden’s re-election campaign and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC). Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country and elect Democrats to legislative bodies up and down the ballot.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: MissionWired is seeking an IT support specialist to work closely with our IT team in solving technical issues as they arise and ensuring a positive experience for our employees along the way. Our clients support everything from electing Democrats to combating climate change throughout the world. If you have a passion for solving technical problems, project management, and making the world a better place, join us!
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Oversee and enhance the management of MissionWired's cloud services, including Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions, ensuring optimal performance and security;
- Deliver expert remote support to end users through the Service Desk Ticketing system, responding promptly to queries and issues raised via Slack messages and emails;
- Manage and promptly address all IT support tickets and requests, escalating complex issues within the team as necessary;
- Offer comprehensive technical assistance to MissionWired staff, covering a wide range of hardware and software challenges;
- Collaborate with other IT staff & contractors to perform regular checkups and maintenance of our tech infrastructure, ensuring its reliability and efficiency;
- Facilitate and implement improvements to our data backup systems to ensure robust data protection and recovery strategies;
- Create and continuously update training materials, guiding users in the efficient and effective use of various hardware and software applications; and
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve intricate hardware and software problems, providing innovative solutions and guidance.
- At least 5 years of practical experience in the following domains:
- Proficient in managing Active Directory, including Group Policy Objects, Azure-integrated environments, and PowerShell scripting;
- Skilled in patch management and software deployment, with a focus on Mobile Device Management for both macOS and Windows environments using tools like InTune, Rippling, Munki, Jamf, Mosyle, and others;
- Experience in utilizing remote support tools such as Connectwise, NinjaOne, and similar platforms;
- Expertise in security platforms, including but not limited to SentinelOne and Expel;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows operating systems, up to and including Windows 11, as well as earlier versions;
- Proficiency in Apple macOS, up to Sonoma and previous versions.
- In-depth understanding of server technologies, inclusive of Server 2022 and prior versions, as well as SQL Server;
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Azure Administration & Support, encompassing aspects like Entra ID, VM administration, and deployment;
- Adept at Office 365 Administration & Support, including SharePoint Online, Teams, and more;
- Solid experience in administering and supporting various SaaS platforms such as Slack, Miro, Adobe, etc;
- Competency in Google Workspace Administration & Support, including tools like Gat+, GAMADV-XTD3, and GAM;
- Proficient in managing Atlassian products like Jira, Confluence, and Service Desk; and
- Well-versed in virtualization environments, including Hyper-V and VMware Fusion.
- Passion, energy, and excitement for progressive and philanthropic causes.
Salary range for this role is $85,000 to $100,000 per year, depending on experience.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
*Supporting your team on some nights and weekends as we approach high-volume times such as elections may be required.
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
We are currently working remotely with no return to office date. Applicants may reside in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Due to FL legislation, MissionWired is required to participate in e-verify.