Associate Vice President, Political Campaigns
Washington, DC, USA · New York, NY, USA · Remote
Posted on Tuesday, October 26, 2021
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: MissionWired is looking for a direct-response marketer with experience optimizing digital programs for nonprofit organizations and/or political campaigns to join us as an associate vice president. The right person will live and breathe supporter engagement, digital fundraising, and advocacy – and be eager to help our clients run best-of-breed digital programs in support of their mission. There’s nowhere else you can work on the most competitive races in the country and several of the core Democratic committees while breaking fundraising records every single cycle. We’re a little biased, sure, but you also won’t find another team like ours: We’re wired to bring together cutting-edge direct response strategy and execution for the most pressing issues of our time.
In this role, you’ll be leading our engagements with a portfolio of clients and responsible for designing and implementing cross-channel digital marketing campaigns that deliver stellar results. You will work with many clients with very different types of engagements, but you won't be alone: You’ll be managing a team of associates, strategists, senior strategists, managing strategists, writers, and production staff.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Working with political partners to develop strategies that maximize grassroots fundraising by bringing together breakthrough creative and tech resources, including custom, proprietary solutions;
- Designing innovative digital fundraising, advocacy and communications campaigns;
- Leading cross-functional teams to implement client campaigns over all digital channels, including email, web, social media, and search;
- Generating relationships with new partners;
- Assessing client KPIs and ensuring maximum ROI of digital campaigns;
- Advising clients on industry best practices and emerging strategies;
- Providing clients with strategic marketing planning, including revenue forecasting and budgeting;
- Working with client teams, including technology and creative, to assist in managing resources and timelines on projects;
- Identify prospective clients in need of the services that we provide and provide an entrée for us to design and pitch engagements; and
- Providing top-quality customer service to clients, including regular reporting and invoicing.
- 6 or more years of in-house political or agency experience in digital fundraising and communications;
- Client management experience;
- Experience managing cross-functional project teams;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment;
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills;
- Experience working with eCRM platforms such as Action Kit, NGP,, Salesforce, or Luminate;
- Passion for making our world a better place.
Salary floor for this role is $90,000+ per year, commensurate with experience.
*Supporting your team on some nights and weekends as we approach high-volume times such as elections may be required.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
-100% employer-paid premiums for platinum-level medical plan on a national health care network
-100% employer-paid life insurance and short term disability
-50% employer-paid vision and dental insurance
-401(k) with 3% employer contribution
-17 vacation days in addition to 12 paid holidays, sick days, bereavement leave, and a volunteer day off.
-Paid parental leave at 100% of your salary
-Financial support for reproductive and transgender care
-Flexible telecommute and remote work policies
-Company issued Mac products for home offices
-Cell phone service reimbursement, meal and ride-share reimbursement, and other perks available
We are currently working remotely with no return to office date. Applicants may reside in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MN, MO, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA, and WI. Due to FL legislation, MissionWired is required to participate in e-verify.