About Mosaic Strategies:
Mosaic Strategies is a full-service digital design and technology development firm that serves advocacy organizations, nonprofits, startups, and private firms. We are powered by a team of hardworking professionals who bring their creativity and knowledge from an array of different backgrounds, cultures, and languages. Mosaic is proud to be a women-owned business moving technology forward.
“Working at Mosaic has given me the opportunity to be a trusted advisor for organizations that are making an impact on a national scale. I get to work on campaigns while being part of a supportive work culture that values everyone's input and also honors a work/life balance.”
- Deanna-Marie Norcross, Department Manager, Accounts Team, joined Mosaic in 2015
Our issue and client portfolio include:
- Mission-Driven Startups
- Civic Tech
- Racial Justice
- Criminal Justice Reform
- Climate Action
- Living Wage and Economic Equality
- LGBTQ Rights
- Gender Equality
- Unions and Workers’ Rights
- Creative Placemaking and Community Building
Job Description: Senior Graphic Designer, Department Manager
About the Position
We are looking for a graphic designer to create and manage digital and print designs for client and internal projects. This position will be a member of our design team. Qualified candidate’s responsibilities include graphic design tasks from creation to completion, providing design edits on existing graphics and drafts, and generating creative ideas.
To be successful as a graphic designer on our team, you should have knowledge of graphic design, styles, and techniques. You should also have experience in implementing marketing campaigns, brand development, crafting creative briefs, and a strong understanding of design for both digital and print.
Position responsibilities include:
- Design graphic content: Such as illustrations, infographics, video creation, wireframes, website design, mobile designs, brand guides, logo design, and social media graphics.
- Embed yourself in the work of your clients: Facilitate a deeper, more timely understanding of our clients’ work — all with the goal to proactively provide creative feedback as it touches your work rather than being reactive to client requests.
- Manage your time and projects well: Frequently assess your priorities and to-dos, delegate to peers where appropriate, and shift gears where necessary to ensure your projects stay on track..
- Ensure best design practices and department process is followed: work with the design team and department manager to ensure the design strategy aligns with the client’s larger mission, objectives, and culture.
- Analyze and report back: to the project manager and department manager on task status and recommendations.
- Ensure brand consistency: throughout different elements and platforms for digital and print marketing for client projects and the company.
- Keep up-to-date with industry developments.
Attributes of a successful candidate include:
- Must be a creative self-starter, able to work independently and with limited oversight to accomplish agreed-upon objectives and to evaluate results.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines, navigate competing priorities, and effectively adjust work plans to respond to emergent challenges or opportunities.
- Must be a team player with an altruistic approach to collaboration with both clients and colleagues.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Must value and respect differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstance.
- 3+ years of professional design experience for digital and print campaigns. Knowledge of brand creation, management, and writing comprehensive creative briefs.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with Adobe products: Photoshop, XD, After Effects, LightRoom, Illustrator, among others
- Ability to effectively communicate best practices, strategies, plans, questions, and feedback to our internal team
- Up to date knowledge and interest in continuing education in the digital marketing and digital ad space in relation to design
- 2+ years of Agency experience is required.
Additional skills that are strongly preferred but not required:
- Digital ad design experience for political candidates, advocacy organizations or businesses invested in social impact
- Knowledge of basic HTML and CSS
- Strong knowledge in social media content creation and cross-platform image sizing
What we offer:
Mosaic provides a generous benefits package including 100% employee coverage for health, vision, and dental insurance premiums; paid time off (PTO); a company paid winter break; competitive salary, performance-based bonus, profit sharing 401k contribution, and more!
Salary Range 40k - 55k+ depending on experience
At Mosaic, we believe in the growth and development of all of our employees. As a result, we offer:
- Professional development and career guidance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Participation in working groups that impact the growth of the company
Mosaic is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on a person's race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer-related or HIV/AIDS-related), genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. Mosaic provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities applying for a position. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please contact 973-841-7079. You will be asked to provide the specifics of the assistance requested.