Mosaic is a full-service digital design and technology development firm that serves an array of sectors including, but not limited to politics, entertainment, corporate, and non-profit organizations.
We are powered by a team of hardworking folks who bring their creativity and knowledge from an array of different backgrounds, cultures, and languages. Mosaic is proud to be a women-owned business moving technology forward.
We're building a collaborative and interdisciplinary design team at Mosaic. Our work — which spans mobile, web, and print — tells stories that bring everyone together. We’re excited by new challenges and eager to simplify complicated problems. In this upcoming chapter, we’re looking to push our skills to the next level and make work that is both sophisticated and elegant. We hope you join us! – Eric Ziminsky, Deputy Design Director
Our issue and client portfolio include:
● Mission-Driven Startups
● Civic Tech
● Federal and State Political Campaigns
● Racial Justice
● Criminal Justice Reform
● Climate Action
● Living Wage and Economic Equality
● LGBTQ Rights
● Gender Equality
● Unions and Workers’ Rights
● Creative Placemaking and Community Building
About the role:
As an Intern within the Design Team at Mosaic, you’ll be integrated into the team responsible for delivering designs for digital experiences from first inceptions through its final polished details.
You’ll gain on the ground experience in web, mobile, and social while also having the opportunity to take ownership and deliver for clients, too. Our team thrives when visual voices come to light, so you will be encouraged to bring your style to the table.
● 0-2 years of experience, preferably in a student or agency environment
● Experience working on cross-functional teams, specifically with developers and productmanagers
● Comfortable taking iterative approaches to wireframing and prototyping
● Able to work with a diverse toolkit, with a strong background in Figma
● Experience in UX led design and best practices
● Have demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design and designing featuresof high complexity (ambiguity, scope, stakeholders, etc)
● Care deeply about the details of designs and having a high level of fit and finish
● Participate in design critique by sharing and receiving constructive feedback
What we look for:
● Must be a creative self-starter, able to work independently and with limited oversight in a remote environment to accomplish agreed-upon objectives and to evaluate results
● Must be able to work under tight deadlines, navigate competing priorities, and effectively adjust work plans to respond to emergent challenges or opportunities
● Must be a team player with an altruistic approach to collaboration with colleagues
● Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
● Must value and respect differences of race, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation,gender identity, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstance
This is a paid internship. We offer $15.00/hr
At Mosaic, we believe in the growth and development of all of our employees. As a result, we offer:
● Professional development and career guidance
● Opportunities for advancement
● Participation in working groups impact the growth of the company
How to apply:
Submit a resume and portfolio to https://form.jotform.com/222725061911146
Mosaic is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based on a person's race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including but not limited to, cancer-related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. Insperity provides reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities applying for a position. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please contact 973-841-7079. You will be asked to provide the specifics of the assistance requested.