Movement Labs is a not-for-profit movement incubator and the leading peer-to-peer text political consultancy supporting progressives and grassroots activists nationwide. Our clients span both establishment and movement efforts, from senior Democratic Congressional leadership to Black Lives Matter.
Movement Labs focuses on finding new ways to use technology and an army of volunteers to fill gaps and achieve tangible outcomes to build power for marginalized communities and progressive movements. We rapidly incubate ideas, train volunteers and deploy teams for our clients. Our projects focus on experimenting and sharing learnings for growth optimization and improved communications strategies.
We’re seeking to contract with a bookkeeper to assist in managing our finances for up to 15 hours per week. Responsibilities include creating and tracking invoices, reconciling expenses, and producing financial reports. You will also be responsible for balancing monthly books.
This opportunity is fully remote.
- Assist with managing A/P and A/R, producing invoices and tracking
- Post financial transactions to accounts and prepare financial statements
- Reconcile our income and expenses to ensure accuracy of financial statements
- Prepare accounting records by compiling and analyzing account information
- Process payroll and oversee benefits