Temporary Paid Media Project Coordinator
Full-time • Temporary through Dec. 1, 2024 • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in the Contiguous U.S.
Starts April 1, 2024, Ends Dec. 1, 2024
Application deadline: February 23rd, 2024 by COB
MoveOn is a people-powered force for progress. We wield independent political power by bringing millions together to take action to create a country with a place of honor and dignity for everyone—where all are welcome, we take care of one another, and where everyone is set up to thrive.
For more than a generation, MoveOn has been a bulwark against the radical right and has channeled millions of voices to end wars, protect democracy, and advance justice for all. We've built political power for progressive change through mobilizing the left to Democrats so that we can advance our vision of an America for all.
MoveOn is the largest multi-issue digital-first political campaigning organization in the country. We drive rapid-response campaigns at scale on a multitude of key issues at high-impact moments while building sustainable campaigns that resonate and grow over time. Whether it's democracy, health care, foreign policy, economic justice, immigration, or otherwise, MoveOn provides our members with timely ways to take action for change.
The Strategic Paid Media Senior Coordinator, a temporary role through the election year of 2024, will actively contribute to planning, executing, optimizing, and measuring MoveOn’s paid advertising campaigns across diverse platforms, encompassing print, television, streaming TV, podcasts, radio, and digital and social channels. This role focuses on the facilitation of MoveOn’s political advertising efforts in coordination with organizational and campaigning objectives within the 2024 political campaigning season. The Strategic Paid Media Senior Coordinator will be integral to the success of our paid media initiatives, ensuring a meaningful impact on our political and electoral objectives. This role requires a highly organized, highly communicative individual who is adept and managing effective ad campaigns and can collaborate across teams and external contractors.
- Project manage and help facilitate the implementation of the organization’s 2024 paid media campaigns in collaboration with multiple stakeholders, under the direction of the Managing Director of Media and Messaging aligned with MoveOn’s organizational goals and strategic political campaign audiences and objectives.
- Set target metrics, monitor performance, and optimize based on results and budgets, providing weekly and monthly reporting using in-house and third-party reporting tools to track the effectiveness of paid advertising campaigns.
- Work directly with vendors, campaigners, and other stakeholders to develop, implement, and execute paid media campaigns across print, television, radio, and digital platforms, while ensuring legal and compliance reviews, in coordination with corresponding campaigns.
- Work with analytics on audience creation, and following our audience RCT guidelines.
- Process invoices in a timely manner and track ad expenditures in compliance with campaign regulations.
- Stay informed of the latest trends, technologies, and best practices in digital advertising and targeting audiences, and insights from internal message and ad tests, applying them to MoveOn’s paid campaigns.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders to ensure paid strategies integrate seamlessly and support larger organizational efforts.
- Provide support and collaboration on other tasks as assigned and needed.
A successful candidate will:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail for audiences across multiple levels, and an ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Have experience with and a deep commitment to applying anti-oppression frameworks, especially regarding racial, gender, and economic injustice.
- Exhibit strong political judgment, with a clear understanding of political issues, advocacy campaigns, the progressive movement, and electoral politics.
- Awareness of emerging trends in paid media and political communication, demonstrating a proactive approach to staying ahead of industry developments.
- Proactively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, ensuring a cohesive alignment of paid media initiatives with organizational goals and strategic objectives for optimal campaign integration and impact.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of and commitment to consistently developing and improving organizational equity; show experience in implementing equitable practices and culture, with a demonstrated track record of success.
Required skills and experience
- 2-3 years of experience in strategically planning and managing paid advertising campaigns, with a preference for candidates who have demonstrated success within nonprofit or political advocacy.
- Proven track record and preference for individuals with prior experience navigating the intricacies of political campaigns, showcasing a nuanced understanding of the unique challenges and dynamics associated with the electoral and political field.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of media market dynamics, pricing structures, budget allocation strategies, and buying timelines to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of paid media campaigns.
- Exceptional analytical acumen and a demonstrated ability to make informed, data-driven decisions, leveraging insights to optimize campaign performance and maximize impact.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse advertising platforms, proficiency in various ad types, and hands-on experience with cutting-edge campaign management tools, showcasing a comprehensive understanding of the evolving landscape of digital advertising.
Reports to: Managing Director for Media and Messaging
Location: The position may be based anywhere in the contiguous United States. May require occasional travel.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: At MoveOn, we commit to equity in our compensation philosophy and practices. We are committed to equal pay for equal work. To counter systemic compensation issues in this country and pay inequality, we have a non-negotiable compensation practice. We utilize benchmarking and peer organization data to ensure we provide competitive nonprofit compensation and benefits. The annual salary for this position is $94,309.60. In addition to the base salary, we offer a monthly home office subsidy. We also offer an internet and phone subsidy of $2,100 annually and a health and wellness subsidy of $900 annually. All of these cash benefits are added to your bimonthly paycheck. We offer strong medical, dental, and vision benefits, which are free to employees and children of employees (spouses or domestic partners can be added at a subsidized rate). We offer employer-paid premiums for life insurance; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year, prorated for the period that you work; 18 weeks of paid parental leave (birth, adoption, foster care placement of a child), 10 days accrued paid sick time prorated for the period that you work; paid family medical leave; and 8 staff holidays and 6 floating holidays. We contribute 5% to your 401(k) after six months of employment. We also offer a $1000 professional development budget each year for each staff member.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.