Temporary Elections Production Coordinator
Full-time • Non-Exempt • Temporary/project-based through 12/01/2024 • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in the Contiguous U.S. Start date: April 1st, 2024. End date: December 1st, 2024
Application deadline: February 23rd, 2024
MoveOn is a people-powered force for progress. We wield independent political power by bringing millions together to take action to create a country with a place of honor and dignity for everyone—where all are welcome, we take care of one another, and where everyone is set up to thrive.
For more than a generation, MoveOn has been a bulwark against the radical right and has channeled millions of voices to end wars, protect democracy, and advance justice for all. We've built political power for progressive change through mobilizing the left to Democrats so that we can advance our vision of an America for all.
MoveOn is the largest multi-issue digital first political campaigning organization in the country. We drive rapid-response campaigns at scale on a multitude of key issues at high-impact moments while building sustainable campaigns that resonate and grow over time. Whether its democracy, health care, foreign policy, economic justice, immigration or otherwise, MoveOn provides our members with timely ways to take action for change.
MoveOn’s Election Production Coordinator will support MoveOn’s election program by executing production processes across multiple channels. We are looking for a passionate, inventive, collaborative colleague to manage this work in the critical fights in this political climate. This role will play an impactful role in mobilizing MoveOn members and voters to take action.
- Execute production processes in support of MoveOn’s election program, including email, mobile, and social media content. This may include production on multiple communication channels with the support of team stakeholders.
- WIth supervision, regularly draft clear, compelling, and creative emails, mobile messages, and social media content that inspire MoveOn members and voters to volunteer, donate, and take action. Test content as needed to optimize performance.
- Use data-driven metrics to track content performance. Flag any issues and proposals for optimization with the line manager, if needed, for action and/or decision.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to drive election program interventions. This may include advising on volunteer voter contact, advertising, fundraising campaigns, storytelling, and more.
- Participate as a full member of our national team, contributing to shared learning and mutual accountability.
- One to two cycles of experience in electoral and digital, or advocacy campaigning.
- Experience writing compelling emails, mobile, and social content for a large audience.
- Experience with digital CRM systems such as Action Kit, NGP VAN, Everyaction, and/or Action Network.
- Experience coordinating projects or workflows that involve collaborating with multiple teams.
Skills, Characteristics, and Values:
- Acts with high integrity, professionalism, low ego, and camaraderie.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-directedness. MoveOn is a virtual office, and while you will interact with your colleagues constantly, you will be driving your own workflow and output.
- Ability to drive workflows and processes with an eye for innovation and streamlining.
- Able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Self-motivated, driven, able to work nights, weekends, and long hours, and able to maintain work-life balance. We take a healthy workplace seriously and can accommodate flexible daytime schedules when evening work is required.
- Commitment to working with diverse communities.
Reports to: Political and Electoral Campaign Director
Salary and Benefits: At MoveOn, we commit to equity in our compensation philosophy and practices. We are committed to equal pay for equal work. To counter systemic compensation issues in this country and pay inequality, we have a nonnegotiable compensation practice. We utilize benchmarking and peer organization data to ensure we provide competitive nonprofit compensation and benefits. This is a non-exempt position and the hourly rate is $45.34/hour. In addition to the base salary, we offer a monthly home office subsidy. We also offer an internet and phone subsidy of $175/month and a health and wellness subsidy of $75/month. All of these cash benefits are added to your bimonthly paycheck. We offer strong medical, dental, and vision benefits, which are free to employees and children of employees (spouses or domestic partners can be added at a subsidized rate). We offer employer-paid premiums for life insurance; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year, prorated for the period that you work; 18 weeks of paid parental leave (birth, adoption, foster care placement of a child), 10 days accrued paid sick time prorated for the period that you work; paid family medical leave; and 8 staff holidays and 6 floating holidays (annually). We also offer a $1000 in professional development budget each year for each staff member.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.