Director of Arizona Campaigns
Reproductive Freedom for All
About NARAL Pro-Choice America
For more than 50 years, NARAL Pro-Choice America has fought to protect and advance reproductive freedom at the federal and state levels—including access to abortion care, birth control, pregnancy and postpartum care, and paid family leave—for everybody. We are powered by our more than 4 million members from every state and congressional district in the country, representing the 8 in 10 Americans who believe every person should have the freedom to make the best decision for themselves about if, when, and how to raise a family.
NARAL Pro-Choice America centers diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our organization and our work. Continuously learning from our history, we hold ourselves accountable to achieve reproductive freedom with equitable access for every body. As the oldest and largest national membership organization primarily focused on advocating for abortion access, we organize and mobilize, galvanizing millions of people to take action to defend reproductive freedom, and shining a spotlight of accountability on bad actors who work to impose their ideological agenda on others. We also work to elect champions for reproductive freedom and advance state and federal legislation to safeguard it. For more information on NARAL Pro-Choice America, please visit our website.
NARAL Pro-Choice America seeks a Director of Arizona Campaigns to lead our Arizona chapter, and continue to establish our political and organizing program in Arizona.
The Director of Arizona Campaigns is responsible for developing and executing campaign strategy, program management, and day-to-day work duties. NARAL’s mission requires us to increase our membership with young people and people of color, engage existing supporters, and activate critical constituencies to protect and expand reproductive freedom for all at the state level. The Director of Arizona Campaigns should develop a program that will employ organizing tactics and strategies to meet the goals required by our mission. The Director of Arizona Campaigns will be expected to play a strong, visible, inclusive, and strategic role in promoting statewide relationships including serving at coalition tables, working with coalition partners, donors, and elected officials.
Job details Location: Must be located, Arizona; Some travel required (no remote candidates) Reports To: Director of State Campaigns Details: Full Time, Exempt, Non-Union Salary Range: $110,000 - $135,000
- Lead NARAL in strategic legislative, political, organizing and advocacy campaigns in the state. This includes executing electoral work for candidates in a strategic fashion working up and down the ballot, as well as advocating in the state for reproductive freedom policies;
- Manage the program budget for state level work and ensure resources are spent to assist with local power building;
- Manage organizing work in building and mobilizing a state-wide pool of volunteers, members, and activists through a variety of outreach activities to grow our general organizing and political work;
- Strategically build and maintain relationships with state policy makers and state government leaders in order to establish NARAL’s footprint in the state and advocate for reproductive freedom and NARAL members mission locally;
- Develop and deliver written materials outlining NARAL's on the ground advocacy efforts for NARAL’s Digital and Fundraising teams;
- Work with NARAL’s Communications team to craft messages and develop strategies to shift the narrative away from the opposition’s narrative and utilize opportunities to leverage political power, as we confront historic threats to reproductive freedom. Serve as spokesperson for the organization in Arizona;
- Provide thoughtful leadership and vision, collaborating with the Director of State Campaigns to set the strategic direction, priorities and policies for the state.
- In coordination with the Development team support, deepening relationships with current donors and creating meaningful relationships with major institutional and individual donors.
- Understand and represent NARAL’s goals both nationally and locally with partners and in coalition work.
- Candidates preferred to be located in Phoenix, Arizona
- The ideal candidate has at least 5 years of experience as a leader and political campaigner in Arizona
- Demonstrated commitment to protecting and expanding reproductive rights, as well as supporting other intersectional fights for justice and civil rights.
- Demonstrated commitment to ensuring anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of the planning and execution of our work.
- Experience leading a political or organizational campaign and strong familiarity with grassroots organizing strategies.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of Arizona political landscape and dynamics.
- Strong state based coalition partner experience and the ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including those of diverse communities and backgrounds.
- Strong organizational skills and a record of success at keeping simultaneous projects organized.
- Strong leadership skills and political sense with demonstrated success in managing/collaborating with teams.
- Flexibility to work occasional weekends/evenings and the ability to travel across the state as needed.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
- Experience with VAN/Hustle.
- Experience as an on the record spokesperson is a plus.
- Experience managing budgets, and familiarity with 501 (c)3 and 501 (c)4 funding mechanisms is a plus.
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or political affiliation.
Candidates with backgrounds, identities, and experiences that are historically underrepresented in reproductive freedom non-profits are encouraged to apply.