Growth and Delivery Operations Manager
Sales & Business Development, Operations
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2023
Nava is a consultancy and public benefit corporation working to make government services simple, effective, and accessible to all. Since 2013, federal, state, and local government agencies have trusted Nava to build transformative digital services to help people access public benefits. Meeting our mission is an opportunity to restore trust between people and public institutions. We focus on populations that are the least protected because the stakes are higher.
As a client services company, we work with government agencies to improve how people apply for benefits, navigate their health care, and more. We bill for our time, selling our expertise and problem-solving methodology to government clients. Our clients hire us to help improve their products and services so that their users and beneficiaries have a better customer experience.
These end-users—the humans who benefit from our work—are at the core of everything we do. We research beneficiaries’ needs to help our government clients better deliver on their missions, providing everyone at Nava opportunities to do meaningful, impactful work.
The Growth & Delivery Operations Manager will provide predictability, efficiency and clarity across Nava's most essential value stream which spans growth and delivery. The Growth & Delivery Operations Manager will help their team focus on ensuring operational excellence across:
-New growth, organic growth and re-competes
-Centralized portfolio management (across growth and delivery)
-Project services (including billable targets and Program Operations Committee)
-Training focused on individual learning and organizational strategy
-Processes, methods, and tools for the Growth & Delivery value stream
The Growth & Delivery Operations Manager ensures we are making decisions that improve Nava's growth value stream, how it draws from the Delivery Organization and flows into delivery teams. Nava's Growth & Delivery Operations Manager will consider the full spectrum of growth and delivery while focusing on growth. They will be expected to build operational excellence within our growth and proposal processes, determine which areas are highest leverage to prioritize and, using effective change management communications, roll out improvements across Business Development (BD), Delivery and even Contracts or Financing.
What you'll do
- Lead the SME assignment process for bid proposal writing, tech challenges, etc. and ensure continuous improvement
- Lead Proposal Managers to efficiently respond to and manage bid proposals so that we reduce the number of hours SMEs spend on bids
- Lead with Business Development Analysts to improve capture forecast analysis and inputs to capture/program positioning and competitive pricing research/support
- Ensure Business Development pipelines and revenue forecasts are clear across the value stream
- Drive staffing approach until competitive; develop pricing volumes (so there is information flow and clarity)
- Member of the Program Operations Committee which meets monthly to review every project to ensure it is profitable and meets our hurdle rate; drives needs from that meeting to delivery leadership
- Provide strategic direction for staffing operations
- While focusing on growth, maintain a holistic view of the growth & delivery operations value stream and provide thought partnership to the Director of Growth & Delivery Operations on how we can improve performance and profitability throughout it
- Develop strategic approaches to mature and optimize operations and make recommendations to the Director of Growth & Delivery Operations and the Chief Delivery Officer or Chief Operations Officer for for planning prioritization
- Minimum five (5) years of experience working in business operations, revenue operations, delivery operations, or recruiting
- Experience planning and executing company wide initiatives and processes, inclusive of efficient process design and change management
- Highly organized, resourceful, reliable, and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and autonomously within a distributed team
- Ability to think strategically around trade-offs and short term vs. long term benefits
- Ability to build and form strong relationships with both the internal team and external vendors and work harmoniously with others
- Ability to read, understand and translate contract language into clear compliance requirements for staffing stakeholders
- Excellent written and real-time communication skills, with the ability to work harmoniously with others and communicate empathetically across many groups of people in a clear, concise manner
- A strong competency in situational awareness and conflict resolutionAn adaptive, proactive, empathetic, tenacious, and positive mindset
- A critical thinker with a problem-solving mind
- Experience working in a Professional Services context, working with state and federal government clients
- Experience working cross-functionally with Recruiting and Delivery teams
- Experience with Systems or Process Improvement Project Management Certifications (PMP, CSM Scrum Master, SAFe)
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning software, preferably Unanet
- Experience working in a technology environment
- Experience working in multi-state organizationsExperience with direct people management
- Experience with program and/or project management
● Must have lived in the United States for at least three (3) of the past five (5) years.
● An active green card or citizenship is required.
● Candidates who are offered a job with Nava must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa now or in the future.
● Offer of hire is contingent upon completion of a background check that includes a criminal record history review.
● Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Perks working with Nava
● Your well-being is important to us, so we offer highly competitive benefits for medical, dental, and vision
● 20 days of PTO accrued, 12 days paid federal holidays, 5 floating holidays, unlimited sick leave
● 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave and weekly meal deliveries during leave
● Sabbatical Leave
● 401k contributions match at 4% of your salary
● Flexible work arrangements
● $1,000 new home office set up budget, monthly phone allowance
● Monthly partial reimbursement for utilities (where applicable)
● $2,000 annual tuition and professional development budget, on top of a LinkedIn Learning license
● Equity stock options
● Employee referral program
● Commuter Benefits
● Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
● Life and Accidental Death Insurance
● Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative, and vibrant culture, fostering remote work!
You can work in a hybrid work arrangement from one of Nava’s offices in NYC, DC, or San Francisco. We also have fully remote options if you reside in one of the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin.
*If you are not living in one of the states listed above, unfortunately, you will not be considered for a position at this time.
Stay in touch
Sign up for our newsletter to find out about career opportunities, new partnerships, and news from the broader civic tech community.
Nava PBC equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values as a public benefit corporation but also enriches our ability to do our work. Learn more about where we are today and hope to be by 2025.
Please contact the recruiting team at email@example.com if you would like to request reasonable accommodation during the application or interviewing process.
We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.
See more open positions at Nava
Something looks off?