Development and Program Officer, Southern California Region
New Israel Fund
Position title: Development and Program Officer, Southern California Region
Location: Southern California; Los Angeles preferred
This is a remote position; employees must reside in, or be willing to relocate to, Southern California (Santa Barbara to San Diego)
Status: Full time, Exempt
This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit
Start Date: Immediately (position posted May 2023)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The New Israel Fund (NIF) protects and advances equality and liberal democracy in Israel. Long credited with seed-funding and founding progressive civil society in Israel, NIF now leads the fight for democratic institutions and a socially just society that is truly shared by every Israeli. Read more about NIF here.
NIF seeks a compassionate, enthusiastic, engaging, and detail-oriented individual to join our LA team as a Development and Program Officer. This person will work closely with the Los Angeles Regional Director in defining and fulfilling regional goals towards growth, including overseeing public events and programs, stewarding a robust file of donors, managing New Generations (20s and 30s) programs, and working with a cohort of local volunteers in the region. This position reports to the LA Regional Director and also works closely with NIF staff across the country and in Israel.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward a file of donors, foundations, and prospects who give or have the potential to give $2,5000+ annually. Work includes donor meetings (in-person and virtual) and phone calls, and ongoing written communication with donors.
- Polish proposals and reports for higher level donors, foundations, and prospects in collaboration with the Regional Director and the Grants Editor & Coordinator.
- Maintain updated and accurate information for donors and prospects in both Raiser’s Edge and on our regional Google sheets based tracking sheet; design database queries using Raiser’s Edge.
- Draft and edit online communications, event invitations, and other updates using EveryAction platform.
Events & Public Presence:
- Effectively communicate information about NIF and its policies, values, history, key stakeholders, and programs as well as current events in Israel-Palestine.
- Plan and implement donor parlor meetings and larger public events in collaboration with the regional director.
- Create, manage, and track event registration pages and email invitations.
- Prepare materials for in-person public events and provide technical support for virtual/hybrid events.
- Learn the ecosystem of relevant community partners in the region (individuals, organizations, institutions) and cultivate fruitful work relationships.
- Work alongside the national NIF team to develop a regional strategy for a New Generations program in Southern California in collaboration with regional director’s work on NIF’s rabbinic student fellowship
- Initiate and implement regional community outreach programs designed to engage young adult donors and prospects in the Southern California region
- Steward and solicit regional donors in their 20s and 30s
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years work experience, or equivalent work experience
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for NIF’s mission and values
- A compassionate and collaborative personality and an interest in working both in person and virtually with a truly wonderful team of colleagues
- Compelling interpersonal and group facilitation skills as well as the ability to connect easily and sincerely with others
- Comfort speaking publicly to small and mid-sized groups
- Discretion and good judgment
- Interest and aptitude to learn job-specific computer programs such as EveryAction and Raiser’s Edge
- Detail-oriented, problem-solving mindset
- Familiarity with society and socio-economic and political challenges in Israel/Palestine or eagerness and ability to learn about these issues in depth
- Experience in medium to large scale program or event planning
- Experience with CRM a plus
The person hired for this position must live in, or be willing to relocate to, Southern California. The New Israel Fund does not have an office in LA, so this is a work-from-home position but the majority of events and donor meetings take place on the West-Side of Los Angeles. We will consider candidates across Southern California (San Diego – Santa Barbara) who are open to regular travel to LA.
SALARY AND COMPENSATION
The salary range for this position is $62,000-$72,000 annually based on skills and experience. NIF offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance; short-term and long-term disability; paid parental leave for birth or adoptive parent and spouse; flex spending; retirement match; vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays (Jewish and secular).
HOW TO APPLY
The New Israel Fund promotes diversity in the workplace and believes it is important for our continuing success. We strongly encourage applications from all individuals, even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed above. We encourage applicants from historically marginalized groups, in particular: people of color and genderqueer, transgender, and non-binary people. We also welcome applicants from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
The New Israel Fund is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Something looks off?