Development Associate, Boston & Los Angeles
New Israel Fund
The New Israel Fund (NIF) is the leading organization defending democracy and equality in Israel. NIF supports initiatives that strengthen the country’s democratic institutions, defend basic freedoms and human rights, promote equality, and build a truly shared society in Israel. Read more about NIF here.
POSITION TITLE: Development Associate, Boston & Los Angeles
LOCATION: Greater Boston Area
This is a hybrid position with some work-from-home days and some in-office days per week; office location is in Newton, MA
START DATE: Immediate (job posted July 2023)
STATUS: Full-time, non-exempt (eligible for overtime)
This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit
COMPENSATION: $50,000-$57,000 plus benefits, detailed below
The Development Associate is an essential member of two regional fundraising teams and provides administrative support to the fundraising, programmatic, and communication work of both the New England and Southern California regions. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual, offering valuable experience working in a non-profit environment on both a regional and national level. The Development Associate will be based in the New England regional office located in Newton, MA, with ample opportunity to work from home.
- Provide essential administrative support for the New England and Southern California regions fundraising efforts, including gift processing, tracking donations and donor relations;
- Update and manage Raiser’s Edge donor database; create and maintain various reports and mailing lists to track fundraising activities;
- Support Boston area regional events, assisting with event logistics and implementation;
- Conduct prospective donor research using iWave and other tools;
- Support regional fundraisers with drafting and editing event emails, maintaining attendee lists; coordinating event follow-up;
- Assist with Boston area New Gen (20s & 30s) programming, working to grow local New Gen board and work with volunteers to create and implement local events;
- Provide ongoing office support, such as answering calls, ordering supplies, preparing the office for meetings, managing mail, and assisting visitors;
- Oversee completion of administrative reports, i.e., expenses, corporate credit card reconciliation;
- Assist the VP of Principal and Major Gifts with various projects for major gifts development and national strategy initiatives;
- Help steward donors at the $1,000-$2,500 level, including solicitation and thank you communications by email and phone;
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Careful attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact professionally with staff, donors, and prospects
- Excellent written communication skills
- Comfortable with technology and interest in learning new web-based tools for research, scheduling, event promotion, and more
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook), Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets)
- Familiarity with event email programs and/or databases (such as Raiser’s Edge) a plus
- Interest in Israel/Palestine, human rights, civil rights, current international socio-political events, and social justice issues preferred
The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $57,000 USD annually commensurate with experience, qualification and skills. NIF offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; short-term and long-term disability coverage; paid parental leave for birth or adoptive parent and spouse; flex spending; retirement contribution; vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays (Jewish and secular).
INVITATION TO APPLY
We encourage applicants to apply even if they do not meet 100% of the criteria above.
To apply, email resume and cover letter as PDFs to email@example.com. In the subject line, include the position title and your name. No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted via email.
The New Israel Fund promotes diversity and equity in the workplace and believes it is important for our continuing success. We strongly encourage applications from all individuals, even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed above. We encourage applicants from historically marginalized groups, in particular: people of color and genderqueer, transgender, and non-binary people. We also welcome applicants from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
The New Israel Fund is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.