Business & Human Resources Administrator
Premier Political Compliance
Premier Political Compliance is a small but growing consulting firm that provides industry-leading compliance services to political committees and nonprofit organizations. Our clients are among the most well-known and active players in the progressive movement and Democratic politics. As a mission-driven firm, we believe in and work toward the success of each client. When our clients win, we all win.
At Premier, our team is our greatest strength. We provide an environment where everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive. Our company culture is centered on respect, inclusiveness, and collaboration. We offer a strong compensation and benefits package with opportunities for advancement – even a potential ownership stake in the firm. We are based in Washington D.C. but the opportunity for remote work is available for most positions.
Our benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage (including 100% coverage of employee medical insurance premiums), paid parental leave after one year of service, 401K program with 4% match, paid time off and sick days and paid holidays.
Premier Political Compliance is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All diverse candidates are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Design, improve and manage systems related to payroll, employee benefits, on-boarding and off-boarding employees and general human resources duties
- Draft and list job postings, screen and target potential applicants, schedule interviews and communicate offer and rejection notices
- Coordinate initiatives on employee benefits, performance reviews, employee engagement and other staff improvements
- Perform business finance and budgeting functions with help from team members
- Oversee marketing for company’s services, collaborating with marketing team
- Supervise operations staff and manage backup operations coverage
- Plan strategies for streamlining and improving business operations
- Assist with client billing and expense tracking
- Negotiate and maintain vendor contracts and research alternative vendor solutions to identify cost-saving opportunities
- Manage state payroll tax registrations and deadlines
- Track accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Engage with marketing team to maintain website and manage social media accounts
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, management or related field
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in human resources and/or management
- Management skills and experience related to operational planning and team building
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Payroll experience an advantage
- Experience with QuickBooks Online a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 Office programs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong verbal, written, analytical and organizational skills
- Highly motivated and team oriented with a strong sense of integrity
- Commitment to Premier’s and clients’ missions and goals
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining a cooperative and collaborative spirit in a fast-paced environment
Full-time and part-time applicants will be considered. This position is eligible for remote work however proximity to the Washington D.C. area is an advantage. This position is exempt and a full-time schedule is 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: This position has a salary floor of $70k, though this may be higher based on qualifications and experience.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter here