Analytics Associate, Paid Media Reporting
Marketing & Communications, Data Science
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
Priorities USA is a progressive advocacy organization focused on promoting the Biden-Harris agenda, ensuring Democratic victories in 2024, and supporting and improving the progressive movements’ use of digital advertising. We believe in an economy that provides real opportunity for all families to get ahead, and to protect the fundamental, democratic ideal of equality for all Americans – regardless of race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
As an Analytics Associate at Priorities, your primary responsibility will be to support the Paid Media Analytics team in developing a data infrastructure and producing regular reports that inform digital strategy. This position reports to the Associate Director of Paid Analytics. You will be part of a small team that supports our paid media program, is constantly looking for ways to improve our work, and helps measure the success of our programs.
- Building and maintaining pipelines for media data sourced from Facebook, Google, and third party ad servers
- Produce and distill daily reports on live campaigns that help the media team understand the performance of each program
- Conduct retrospective analysis on campaigns to inform future digital strategy
- Support Priorities’ partner organizations by providing analysis, reports, and visuals that summarize each campaign
- Maintain queries and scripts necessary to process and report on data
- Perform quality assurance to ensure reported data is accurate
- Report to the Associate Director of Paid Media Analytics and provide additional support to the analytics team (e.g. targeting for digital programs, or analyzing experiments) as required
- Dedicated to progressive causes
- 2-3 years of experience working with data or digital media teams, either in a professional or academic setting
- Experience using data and numbers to formulate insights, and communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Keen attention to detail with an understanding of how to find and fix errors in code and data. You notice when numbers don’t add up, and look into why not
- Experience with SQL and R
- Experience creating reports that include both visualizations and written description of the data
- Experience with Python
- Past experience in digital advertising reporting
- Demonstrated experience building out scalable and replicable systems
- Understands campaigns and has some political background (volunteering, for example)
- Experience communicating with diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and bringing a sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications should include a resume, and responses to included questions. The hiring process for selected candidates will consist of a phone screen, at-home exercise (compensated), set of final round interviews, reference checks, and an applicant vet. Most processes will occur over 3-4 weeks with a target start date in June, 2023.
See more open positions at Priorities USA
Something looks off?