Account Executive (comp listed)
RALLY is an issue-driven communications firm with a record of driving progress around complex political and social problems. Our firm was founded in California and over the past seven-plus years has grown to four offices and a team of 65-plus professionals. Organizations like the ACLU, Black Lives Matter, March for Our Lives, EarthJustice, and GoFundMe are among the more than 300 clients we’ve worked with. As a team, we strive to be:
- Adaptable and agile
- Inspiring and persuasive
- Innovative and inventive
- Curious and growth-minded
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Culturally intelligent and equity-promotive
As a firm, we are committed to fostering belonging in a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. RALLY is strengthened by our team’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity and expression, just to name a few. RALLY is an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered. We strongly encourage folks from all backgrounds to apply.
HOW WE WORK
RALLY is proud to work on an extensive range of critical social issues, including education, environmental protection, immigration, health care, women’s rights, LGBTQ rights, financial inequality, gun violence, and more. We work with leading foundations, advocacy organizations, philanthropists, high-profile individuals, and commercial entities who strive to shape public policy, discourse, and opinion. They engage us to:
- Identify unique strategies to advance critical issues
- Design and execute impactful communications campaigns with powerful messaging
- Build advocacy organizations from the ground up
- Develop and execute sophisticated digital campaigns
- Design compelling brand identities, graphics, and storytelling content
- Conceive of and execute large-scale events
We are currently working remotely and will eventually return to our offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, and New York. You should look forward to uniting with us in one of those locations if you join our team.
RALLY is seeking an Account Executive to join our firm. The Account Executive is responsible for providing support to RALLY client project team members in the strategic development and implementation of clients' communications campaigns. Each client project is assigned a unique RALLY team that typically consists of two-four RALLYers, an account lead such as an Account Manager or Director, and a Principal. Each RALLYer works on several project teams with a unique client mix.
Our Account Executives have proven skills relevant to our work. They are fully integrated into account teams and are expected to think creatively and independently and take ownership of assigned projects. Account Executives may be new to consulting with experience in a tangential field – media, government, political campaigns, etc. – or they may have experience as an Account Associate at RALLY (or a similar agency). Account Executives are able to manage projects with limited assistance, as well as work on multiple accounts and in differing roles. All Account Executives have shown an aptitude for independent strategic thinking, messaging, execution, and client relations. Account Executives are also exposed to a wide variety of tasks and issue areas beyond their primary responsibilities.
No two days at RALLY are the same, but your day might start by prepping for a focus group before drafting the agenda for an upcoming client meeting. Another day may include writing the first draft of a press release, having coffee with a colleague, or assisting with a new business proposal. A different account may need you to coordinate a video shoot, pitch a reporter on a new campaign launch, or draft social media content for a client.
- Performing fundamental public relations tasks, such as developing and editing high-quality media materials (e.g., press releases, briefing memos, media advisories, pitch sheets) and pitching and placing stories by and about clients in print, online, and broadcast outlets.
- Demonstrating tactical proficiency in media relations, including creating and driving outreach plans, message development, management of events, and effective training of spokespersons on speeches and presentations
- Collaborating on account teams for multiple clients, including leading more complex projects with the support of a Principal or senior project manager
- Anticipating client needs, as well as internal team needs and assignments, on a daily basis
- Organizing and staffing events, desk-side briefings, and other out-of-office client functions
- Monitoring trends and changes in news media, social media, and in the political and nonprofit landscapes
- Conducting research, with the ability to distill key points and offer strategic insights on the information gathered
- Contributing at least one new business idea per quarter
- Managing and executing multiple, detailed tasks and projects for assigned client accounts
- Attending regular staff, team, and client meetings and team meetings and providing input and feedback on business improvement, including client service, staff development, and office procedures
- Supporting press outreach, including identifying and pitching news items and leading proactive communications and rapid response efforts
- Providing strategic support and day-to-day supervision for smaller client accounts, including Account Associate and Fellow/Intern mentorship, supervision, and oversight of work product quality
- Implementing forward-thinking branding, messaging and communications plans to achieve client’s goals for diverse audiences, including the general public, media, political decision-makers, and other stakeholders
- Pursuing a professional development plan created in collaboration with a supervisor.
- Showing initiative by taking on new projects and actively growing into new skill sets.
- Contributing to strategic growth and brand positioning for the firm overall.
- Bachelor's degree, or its equivalent.
- Three-five years of experience in public interest advocacy, public relations, or demonstrated equivalent at a firm/agency, foundation/association, or in an electoral campaign.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Experience in the issue advocacy space and using communications to advance progressive issues.
- Strong understanding of media/public relations concepts and tactics, including drafting press releases, building press lists, pitching, and engaging with reporters.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written format, with varying levels of company staff, clients, media, and vendors.
- Strong computer skills, as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and a working knowledge of other web-based tools and platforms (Slack, Google).
- Ability to manage project workflow, juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Innovative and solutions-oriented – demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism, and flexibility in approach to project assignments.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Intellectual curiosity and sense of humor.
- Team player with the ability to step into leadership roles.
At RALLY, we believe that a business is only as good as its people. That’s why we’re invested in providing a broad range of employee benefits and perks that demonstrate our commitment to our people, their growth and development, and to the vibrant RALLY culture we are building together.
We believe that changing the world should come with a healthy paycheck, time to recharge, and support to reach new heights. RALLY offers a competitive salary plus eligibility for performance-based and new business bonuses. We also offer a healthy benefits package, plus some perks:
- Three and a half weeks paid vacation, as well as paid holidays
- One week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Twelve work-from-home days (increases with years of service)
- One week of paid volunteer days to work pro bono on any issue you believe in.
- Summer Fridays and half-days prior to Federal holidays
- 401(k) plan with an employer match
- Transit stipend of $125 per month or paid office parking
- Cell phone and data service stipend up to $150 per month
- Networking stipend of $50 per month plus conference registrations (with prior-approval)
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits with coverage for spouses/partners
- Paid family and medical leave policy which greatly exceeds what the law mandates
- Flexible, family friendly workplace with paid time off for attending school activities
- Mentorship program plus monthly learning sessions/seminars
- Annual review with 360 feedback and semi-annual check-ins
- Monthly birthday celebrations, games, snacks, and in-office treats
- Annual RALLY Holiday Party, Summer BBQ, and off-site Staff Retreat
- Annual RALLY Day of Action (Cesar Chavez Day)