Digital Account Executive (comp listed)
WE ARE RALLY
RALLY is an issue-driven communications firm with a record of driving progress around complex political and social problems. Our firm was founded in California and over the past seven-plus years has grown to four offices and a team of 65-plus professionals. Organizations like the ACLU, Black Lives Matter, March for Our Lives, EarthJustice, and GoFundMe are among the more than 300 clients we’ve worked with. As a team, we strive to be:
- Adaptable and agile
- Inspiring and persuasive
- Innovative and inventive
- Curious and growth-minded
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Culturally intelligent and equity-promotive
As a firm, we are committed to fostering belonging in a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. RALLY is strengthened by our team’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity and expression, just to name a few. RALLY is an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered. We strongly encourage folks from all backgrounds to apply.
HOW WE WORK
RALLY is proud to work on an extensive range of critical social issues, including education, environmental protection, immigration, health care, women’s rights, LGBTQ rights, financial inequality, gun violence, and more. We work with leading foundations, advocacy organizations, philanthropists, high-profile individuals, and commercial entities who strive to shape public policy, discourse, and opinion. They engage us to:
- Identify unique strategies to advance critical issues
- Design and execute impactful communications campaigns with powerful messaging
- Build advocacy organizations from the ground up
- Develop and execute sophisticated digital campaigns
- Design compelling brand identities, graphics, and storytelling content
- Conceive of and execute large-scale events
We are currently working remotely and will eventually return to our offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, and New York. You should look forward to uniting with us in one of those locations if you join our team.
DIGITAL ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
RALLY is seeking a Digital Account Executive to join our digital team. The Digital Account Executive is responsible for providing support to RALLY client project team members in the strategic development and implementation of clients’ digital projects. Each client project is assigned a unique RALLY team that typically consists of two-four RALLYers, an account lead such as an Account Manager or Director, and a Principal. Each RALLYer works on several project teams with a unique client mix.
The Digital Account Executive should be knowledgeable of using digital strategies and tactics to drive issue advocacy campaigns forward. Digital Account Executives are fully integrated on account teams and are expected to think creatively and independently, and take ownership of assigned projects while demonstrating an aptitude for strategic thinking, messaging, execution, and client relations. Primary responsibilities include research, content creation, digital analytics reporting, social media management, and administrative tasks. Digital Account Executives are also exposed to a wide variety of tasks and issue areas beyond their primary responsibilities.
No two days at RALLY are the same, but your day might start by prepping for a focus group before drafting the agenda for an upcoming client meeting. Another day may include writing the first draft of a press release, having coffee with a colleague, or assisting with a new business proposal. A different account may need you to coordinate a video shoot, pitch a reporter on a new campaign launch, or draft social media content for a client.
- Works on account teams for multiple clients, including leading more complex projects with the support of project manager or senior project manager.
- Anticipates client needs, as well as internal team needs and assignments, on a daily basis.
- Provides strategic support and day-to-day supervision for smaller client accounts, including (Digital) Account Associate and Fellow/Intern supervision and oversight of work product quality.
- Implements forward-thinking branding, messaging and communications plans to achieve clients’ goals for diverse audiences, including the general public, media, political decision-makers, and other stakeholders.
- Leads the development of campaign plans for awareness, persuasion, community building, and mobilization.
- Leads on campaign implementation and management in regards to list-building, digital advertising, email marketing, content creation, etc.
- Leads the development of digital content strategy for account teams, supports progress towards key metrics and broader campaign goals of the client account team utilizing tactics that drive high engagement and move constituents to action.
- Develops campaign content calendars and coordinates with account teams to manage web, social media, and email content production and publishing.
- Develops media plans and budgets for clients.
- Communicates regularly with clients on status, timeline, budget, deliverables, campaign performance, competitive intelligence analysis.
- Manages third-party vendors including website development, freelance designers, advertisers, video production teams.
- Helps build client capacity through training on digital tools.
- Develops training for RALLY internal staff on digital tools.
- Supports business development, drafts proposals and participates in pitch meetings, writes scopes, extensions, etc (weekly).
- Mentors and trains junior staff (Account Associates, Fellows) and is committed to their growth.
- Monitors digital and cultural trends, current events, and mobilization opportunities across accounts.
- Attends regular staff meetings and team meetings, and provides input and feedback on business improvement, including client services, staff development, and office procedures.
- Contributes to strategic growth and brand positioning for the firm overall.
- Bachelor's degree, or its equivalent.
- Two-three years of experience in digital communications, social media content management, or demonstrated equivalent experience, with preference for digital experience at a firm/agency, foundation/association, or in an electoral campaign.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills and proven ability to thrive in a fast-moving and collaborative agency environment.
- Strong understanding of digital concepts and tactics, including content creation and implementation with digital advertising, digital mobilization website development, and digital marketing initiatives.
- Experience collecting and analyzing metrics and analytics for campaigns using social media platforms like Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter Ads, Google Ads, and Google Analytics (required); Additional: LinkedIn Ads (not required).
- Experience writing and drafting action-based emails, organic and paid social media content, manage channels and calls to action;
- Ability to scope, manage, build, and launch websites for clients. Experience with WordPress a plus;
- Strong computer skills, including managing email, CMS, CRM, and SMS systems, social media platforms, as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and a working knowledge of other web-based tools and platforms.
- Experience managing and executing ad operations on digital platforms.
- Upload and QA ad creative for functionality and compliance with platform specifications;
- Optimize for full campaign delivery by pulling campaign reporting, reviewing delivery insights and providing recommendations to the client;
- Run weekly, daily and final reports as required by digital/client account teams, include insights for clients to inform incremental buys or new campaigns;
- Lead client communication related to ad experiences, delivery and optimization, reporting expectations and billing reconciliation;
- Identify target audiences and set up targeting options on ads platforms.
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize, and manage project workflow, juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Innovative and solutions oriented – demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism, and flexibility in approach to project assignments.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Intellectual curiosity and sense of humor.
- Team player with the ability to step into leadership roles.
Nice to have:
- Expertise in influencer marketing, digital capacity building (training), and/or coalition management.
- Experience building media plans.
- Experience in the issue advocacy space and using digital communications to advance progressive issues.
- Two or more years of experience working with clients, managing teams, leading creative project implementation.
At RALLY, we believe that a business is only as good as its people. That’s why we’re invested in providing a broad range of employee benefits and perks that demonstrate our commitment to our people, their growth and development, and to the vibrant RALLY culture we are building together.
We believe that changing the world should come with a healthy paycheck, time to recharge, and support to reach new heights. RALLY offers a competitive salary plus eligibility for performance-based and new business bonuses. We also offer a healthy benefits package, plus some perks:
- Three and a half weeks paid vacation, as well as paid holidays
- One week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Twelve work-from-home days (increases with years of service)
- One week of paid volunteer days to work pro bono on any issue you believe in.
- Summer Fridays and half-days prior to Federal holidays
- 401(k) plan with an employer match
- Transit stipend of $125 per month or paid office parking
- Cell phone and data service stipend up to $150 per month
- Networking stipend of $50 per month plus conference registrations (with prior-approval)
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits with coverage for spouses/partners
- Paid family and medical leave policy which greatly exceeds what the law mandates
- Flexible, family friendly workplace with paid time off for attending school activities
- Mentorship program plus monthly learning sessions/seminars
- Annual review with 360 feedback and semi-annual check-ins
- Monthly birthday celebrations, games, snacks, and in-office treats
- Annual RALLY Holiday Party, Summer BBQ, and off-site Staff Retreat
- Annual RALLY Day of Action (Cesar Chavez Day)