Digital Account Manager (comp listed)
Location in Seattle or Los Angeles preferred
WE ARE RALLY
We are a dedicated team of change makers. We think big, take on difficult issues, and are relentless in making change happen. We’re driven by our daring clients, our progressive values, and our spirited culture. We work without attitude and lead with kindness to make change that lasts.
RALLY is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm, we are committed to fostering belonging in a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. RALLY is strengthened by our team’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and veteran status, just to name a few. We strongly encourage folks from all backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
We strive to be...
- Adaptable and agile
- Inspiring and persuasive
- Innovative and inventive
- Curious and growth-minded
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Culturally intelligent and equity-promotive
Does this sound like you?
HOW WE WORK
RALLY is proud to work on an extensive range of critical social issues, including education, environmental protection, immigration, health care, women’s rights, LGBTQ rights, financial inequality, gun violence, and more.
Our clients are catalysts for change: we work with leading foundations, advocacy organizations, philanthropists, high-profile individuals and commercial entities who strive to shape public policy, discourse, and opinion. They engage us to:
- Identify unique strategies to advance critical issues
- Design and execute impactful communications campaigns with powerful messaging
- Build advocacy organizations from the ground up
- Develop and execute sophisticated digital campaigns
- Design compelling brand identities, graphics, and storytelling content
- Conceive of and execute large-scale events
Up for the challenge?
DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
RALLY is seeking a Digital Account Manager, also known as a digital advertising expert, to join our firm. The Account Manager would help lead RALLY’s digital advertising practice, with a focus on paid advertising.
The Digital Account Manager can move easily between creative, strategic and analytical challenges and has a proven track record developing and executing innovative digital advertising campaigns designed to change public opinion, grow movements and influence decision makers. The Digital Account Manager will be able to draw from a breadth of digital and paid media advertising experience to advise clients and account teams on how to translate varied goals and budgets into effective campaigns.
As a senior member of a growing team, this RALLY’er performs tasks effectively and with minimal supervision, is client-facing, manages and mentors digital team members, and contributes to improving and innovating digital services broadly at RALLY. Agency background is preferred but exceptional candidates who have managed complex paid advertising campaigns in political or non-profit settings are welcomed.
- Works on account teams for multiple clients, including leading more complex projects with the support of Principals and/or junior project manager;
- Develops and executes comprehensive paid digital campaigns including media planning, management of creative development, set-up, and optimization;
- Provides strategic support and day-to-day supervision for larger client accounts, including (Digital) Account Associate and Fellow/Intern supervision and oversight of work product quality;
- Implements forward-thinking branding, messaging and communications plans to achieve client’s goals for diverse audiences, including the general public, media, political decision-makers and other stakeholders;
- Collaborates with internal design team, account team and external vendors to develop compelling creative that drives client goals;
- Evaluates digital advertising performance, producing detailed and clear client-facing reports for digital campaigns;
- Coordinates client team meetings, including project kick-off meetings, weekly update meetings and periodic update meetings with the client;
- Anticipates client needs, as well as internal team needs and assignments, on a daily basis;
- Communicates regularly with clients on status, timeline, budget, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis;
- Supports business development, drafts proposals and participates in pitch meetings;
- Monitors digital advertising, media buys,, technology trends and continually explores ways to provide greater impact and new services for clients;
- Leads the development of digital campaign plans for awareness, persuasion, community building, and mobilization;
- Leads on campaign implementation and management in regard to: list-building, digital advertising, email marketing, content creation etc.;
- Leads the development of digital content strategy for account teams, supports progress towards key metrics and broader campaign goals of the client account team utilizing tactics that drives high engagement and move constituents to action;
- Develops media plans and budgets for client;
- Communicates regularly with clients on status, timeline, budget, deliverables, campaign performance, competitive intelligence analysis;
- Manages third-party vendors including website development, freelance designers, advertisers, video production teams;
- Helps build client capacity through trainings on digital tools;
- Develops training for RALLY internal staff on digital tools;
- Supports business development, drafts proposals and participates in pitch meetings, writes scopes, extensions, etc (weekly);
- Mentors and trains junior staff and is committed to their growth;
- Monitors digital and cultural trends, current events and mobilization opportunities across accounts;
- Attends regular staff meetings and team meetings and provides input and feedback on business improvement, including client services, staff development and office procedures;
- Actively contributes to strategic growth and brand positioning for the firm overall.
- Bachelor's degree, or its equivalent.
- Seven-ten years of experience in digital communications, social media content management, or demonstrated equivalent experience, with preference for digital experience at a firm/agency, foundation/association, or in an electoral campaign.
- Seven or more years of experience working with clients, managing teams, leading creative project implementation.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills and proven ability to thrive in a fast-moving and collaborative agency environment.
- Strong understanding of digital concepts and tactics, including content creation and implementation with digital advertising, digital mobilization website development, and digital marketing initiatives.
- Experience collecting and analyzing metrics and analytics for campaigns using social media platforms like Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, Twitter Ads, Google Ads, and Google Analytics (required); Additional: LinkedIn Ads (not required).
- Experience writing and drafting action-based emails, organic and paid social media content, manage channels and calls to action;
- Ability to scope, manage, build, and launch websites for clients. Experience with Wordpress a plus;
- Strong computer skills, including managing email, CMS, CRM, and SMS systems, social media platforms, as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and a working knowledge of other web-based tools and platforms.
- Experience managing and executing ad operations on digital platforms:
- Upload and QA ad creative for functionality and compliance with platform specifications;
- Optimize for full campaign delivery by pulling campaign reporting, reviewing delivery insights and providing recommendations to the client;
- Run weekly, daily and final reports as required by digital/client account teams, include insights for clients to inform incremental buys or new campaigns;
- Lead client communication related to ad experiences, delivery and optimization, reporting expectations and billing reconciliation;
- Identify target audiences and set up targeting options on ads platforms.
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize and manage project workflow, juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Innovative and solutions oriented – demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism, and flexibility in approach to project assignments.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Intellectual curiosity and sense of humor.
- Team player with the ability to step into leadership roles.
Nice to have:
- Expertise in influencer marketing, digital capacity building (training), and/or coalition management.
- Experience in the issue advocacy space and using digital communications to advance progressive issues.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
At RALLY, we believe that a business is only as good as its people. That’s why we’re invested in providing a broad range of employee benefits and perks that demonstrate our commitment to our people, their growth and development, and to the vibrant RALLY culture we are building together.
We believe that changing the world should come with a healthy paycheck, time to recharge, and support to reach new heights. RALLY offers a competitive salary plus eligibility for performance-based and new business bonuses. We also offer a healthy benefits package, plus some perks:
- Three and a half weeks paid vacation, as well as paid holidays
- One week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Twelve work-from-home days (increases with years of service)
- One week of paid volunteer days to work pro bono on any issue you believe in.
- Summer Fridays and half-days prior to Federal holidays
- 401(k) plan with an employer match
- Transit stipend of $125 per month or paid office parking
- Cell phone and data service stipend up to $150 per month
- Networking stipend of $50 per month plus conference registrations (with prior-approval)
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits with coverage for spouses/partners
- Paid family and medical leave policy which greatly exceeds what the law mandates
- Flexible, family friendly workplace with paid time off for attending school activities
- Mentorship program plus monthly learning sessions/seminars
- Annual review with 360 feedback and semi-annual check-ins
- Monthly birthday celebrations, games, snacks, and in-office treats
- Annual RALLY Holiday Party, Summer BBQ, and off-site Staff Retreat
- Annual RALLY Day of Action (Cesar Chavez Day)
Please email resume + email of interest to David Edwards firstname.lastname@example.org with "Digital Account Manager" in the subject line.