Digital Account Associate (comp listed)
WE ARE RALLY
We are a dedicated team of change makers. We think big, take on difficult issues, and are relentless in making change happen. We’re driven by our daring clients, our progressive values, and our spirited culture. We work without attitude and lead with kindness to make change that lasts.
We strive to be...
- Adaptable and agile
- Inspiring and persuasive
- Innovative and inventive
- Curious and growth-minded
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Culturally intelligent and equity-promotive
Does this sound like you?
HOW WE WORK
RALLY is proud to work on an extensive range of critical social issues, including education, environmental protection, immigration, health care, women’s rights, LGBTQ rights, financial inequality, gun violence, and more.
Our clients are catalysts for change: we work with leading foundations, advocacy organizations, philanthropists, high-profile individuals and commercial entities who strive to shape public policy, discourse, and opinion. They engage us to:
- Identify unique strategies to advance critical issues
- Design and execute impactful communications campaigns with powerful messaging
- Build advocacy organizations from the ground up
- Develop and execute sophisticated digital campaigns
- Design compelling brand identities, graphics, and storytelling content
- Conceive of and execute large-scale events
Up for the challenge?
DIGITAL ACCOUNT ASSOCIATE
RALLY is seeking a Digital Account Associate to join our digital team. The Digital Account Associate is responsible for providing support to RALLY client project team members in the strategic development and implementation of client’s digital projects. Each client project team gets a unique RALLY team that usually consists of 2-4 RALLY'ers, an account lead, and a principal. Each RALLY'ers usually works on several project teams at a time with a unique client mix.
This RALLY'er should be passionate about using digital strategies and tactics to drive issue advocacy campaigns forward. Associates are fully integrated on account teams and are expected to think creatively and independently and take ownership of assigned projects. Primary responsibilities include: research, content creation, digital analytics reporting, social media management and administrative tasks. Because we are a small firm, Associates are also exposed to a wide variety of tasks and issue areas beyond their primary responsibilities.
No two days at RALLY are the same, but your day might start by prepping for an upcoming focus group before drafting the agenda for an upcoming client meeting. Another day might include cranking out the first draft of a press release in a crisis scenario, grabbing coffee with a colleague, or helping to draft a new business proposal on a short turnaround time. A different account may need you to help to coordinate a video shoot, pitch a reporter on a new campaign launch, or draft social media content for a client.
Our Bay Area office is in the heart of Union Square. Close to BART and Muni (Powell Station) and a ton of restaurants, happy hours, and retail shops.
Our Southern California office enjoys a full view of the Hollywood sign, and is situated near the Metro Red Line as well as countless restaurants, bars, and entertainment options.
- Create, develop, and edit high quality content (e.g., social media posts, email content, website copy) and plan content implementation strategies.
- Analyze metrics and analytics
- Executing digital advertising buys across social media and display platforms.
- Collaborate and communicate with vendors.
- Organizing and staffing events, desk-side briefings, and other out-of-office client functions.
- Monitoring trends and changes in the communications and larger political and nonprofit landscapes.
- Conduct audience and landscape research, distill key points and offer strategic insights on the information gathered.
- Contribute to at least one new business idea per quarter.
- Manage and execute multiple, detailed tasks and projects for assigned client accounts.
- Bachelor's degree, or its equivalent.
- Two-three years of experience in digital communications, social media management, or demonstrated equivalent experience, with preference for digital experience at a firm/agency, foundation/association, or in a campaign.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of digital concepts and tactics, including content creation and implementation.
- Experience in the issue advocacy space and using digital communications to advance progressive issues.
- Experience with campaigns using social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in written format, with varying levels of company staff, clients, and vendors.
- Strong computer skills, including digital platforms, social media platforms, as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and a working knowledge of other web-based tools and platforms.
- Ability to manage project workflow, juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Innovative and solutions oriented – demonstrated resourcefulness, optimism, and flexibility in approach to project assignments.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Intellectual curiosity and sense of humor.
- Team player with the ability to step into leadership roles.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
RALLY is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm, we are committed to fostering belonging in a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. RALLY is strengthened by our team’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and veteran status, just to name a few. We strongly encourage folks from all backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS
At RALLY, we believe that a business is only as good as its people. That’s why we’re invested in providing a broad range of employee benefits and perks that demonstrate our commitment to our people, their growth and development, and to the vibrant RALLY culture we are building together.
We believe that changing the world should come with a healthy paycheck, time to recharge, and support to reach new heights. RALLY offers a competitive salary plus eligibility for performance-based and new business bonuses. We also offer a healthy benefits package, plus some perks:
- Three and a half weeks paid vacation, as well as paid holidays
- One week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Twelve work-from-home days (increases with years of service)
- One week of paid volunteer days to work pro bono on any issue you believe in.
- Summer Fridays and half-days prior to Federal holidays
- 401(k) plan with an employer match
- Transit stipend of $125 per month or paid office parking
- Cell phone and data service stipend up to $150 per month
- Networking stipend of $50 per month plus conference registrations (with prior-approval)
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits with coverage for spouses/partners
- Paid family and medical leave policy which greatly exceeds what the law mandates
- Flexible, family friendly workplace with paid time off for attending school activities
- Mentorship program plus monthly learning sessions/seminars
- Annual review with 360 feedback and semi-annual check-ins
- Monthly birthday celebrations, games, snacks, and in-office treats
- Annual RALLY Holiday Party, Summer BBQ, and off-site Staff Retreat
- Annual RALLY Day of Action (Cesar Chavez Day)
Please email resume + email of interest to David Edwards email@example.com with "Digital Account Associate" in the subject line.