Reproductive Freedom for All
About Reproductive Freedom for All (Formerly NARAL Pro-Choice America)
About the role:
Reproductive Freedom for All is seeking an Organizer in Las Vegas, NV. The expectation is that the organizer will work in a hybrid role, both remotely, with in-person events, and at other locations as necessary. All organizers must be prepared to travel as needed.
In this role, you will:
- Advocate and organize to hit the organization’s legislative and electoral priorities.
- Drive campaigns to advance bills for reproductive freedom during the legislative session, and in particular, work to engage volunteers in field and advocacy work around these bills.
- Drive campaigns to elect RFFA-endorsed candidates during election years. Coordinate with campaigns and drive fieldwork (for example, canvassing and phone banking).
- Represent RFFA in coalitions identified by RFFA.
- Build power through volunteer recruitment and leader development.
- Recruit diverse volunteers and potential volunteer leaders to get involved in our fight for reproductive rights via events, set up tables at coordinated events to educate the community about RFFA and its mission, and lead weekly individual meetings with volunteers.
- Mentor, train, and support RFFA diverse volunteer leaders, including those directly affected by the fight for reproductive freedom, to establish self-sustaining “Action Councils.” (Action Councils are groups of all-volunteer leaders committed to working on RFFA priority campaigns by planning and leading events, recruiting new members, recruiting for rallies, advocating for bills, or leading get-out-the-vote efforts plus other community-building events).
- Support Action Council leaders in building inclusion, and creating and executing organizing plans to achieve campaign goals. Provide support to these leaders through individual meetings, training, regular calls, community development, online forums, and other methods as appropriate.
- Infuse campaign context and RFFA's methodology for creating social change in all-volunteer communications, with an eye towards diversity and inclusion; share regular campaign updates with volunteers.
- Sign up new RFFA's members and move them up a ladder of engagement into volunteer roles
- Experience either in community organizing or campaign work, including engaging, energizing, and ensuring high community turnout at RFFA community events. These skills may come from areas outside of traditionally paid campaign or organizing work- if you have skills that you believe will translate into member-based action, please apply.
- Skilled in building and maintaining organizing tactics like phone recruitment, canvassing, pitching leadership, meeting with members one-on-one, and coaching volunteer leaders to develop their own canvassing and community outreach plans. These skills may come from areas outside of traditionally paid campaign or organizing work- if you have skills that you believe will translate into member-based action, please apply.
- Demonstrated ability to connect with varying communities, understanding their needs and reflecting them into the work;
- Strong level of cultural competence;
- Ability to train volunteers and activists in organizing and campaigning
- Demonstrated ability to develop organizing plans and hit goals.
- Data management experience and knowledge (in particular, the ability to use or learn tools like VAN, Hustle, Mobilize, and HubDialer).
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Ability to work with deadlines and under pressure.
- Self-driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team building, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to Reproductive Freedom for All’s mission, values, and goals.
- Expressed ability to perform responsibilities in line with RFFA's values
- Experience contributing to a workplace environment in which diversity is valued and supported.
- Eagerness and ability to take on work with a collaborative attitude and with an eye toward the crucial role cross-departmental tasks play in the success of the organization.
- Commitment to ensuring anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of our work and our organization.
- Commitment to not only protecting and expanding reproductive rights, but also supporting other fights for justice and civil rights.
- Computer proficiency in Google Suites (E-mail, Docs, Drives, etc), MS Office, Excel, Publisher, and/or other related software skills, and web-based research.
- Willing to work some nights and weekends.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.