Senior Digital Web Content Strategist
Reproductive Freedom for All
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Monday, October 2, 2023
About Reproductive Freedom for All (Formerly NARAL Pro-Choice America)
For over 50 years, our organization and members have unapologetically helped lead the charge on both the state and national levels to protect and advance reproductive freedom through grassroots organizing, electoral change, and political advocacy. Reproductive Freedom for All is powered by our more than 4 million members from every state and congressional district in the country, representing the 8 in 10 Americans who support legal abortion.
Reproductive Freedom for All centers diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our organization and our work. Continuously learning from our history, we hold ourselves accountable to achieve reproductive freedom with equitable access for every body. As the oldest and largest national membership organization primarily focused on advocating for abortion access, we organize and mobilize, galvanizing millions of people to take action to defend reproductive freedom, and shining a spotlight of accountability on bad actors who work to impose their ideological agenda on others. We also work to elect champions for reproductive freedom and advance state and federal legislation to safeguard it. For more information on Reproductive Freedom for All, please visit our website.
About the Role:
The Senior Digital Web Content Strategist will manage and maintain Reproductive Freedom for All (RFFA) websites and web products, with a focus on content strategy, audience engagement, UX and SEO to ensure the site remains functional and accessible. The Senior Digital Web Content Strategist will be responsible for developing and maintaining content for RFFA's websites. The individual in this role will be a part of the Digital Team and work with staff throughout the organization to create accessible and inclusive web content and products. This position will also play a critical role in helping project manage a website rebuild and redesign in 2023, working closely with external vendors and internal stakeholders to ensure the site is user-friendly, functional, and accessible across departmental needs.
This role will require proficiency in web engagement, content strategy, and UX and SEO best practices. The ideal candidate will be a strong project manager and collaborator, with an appreciation for reaching a diverse audience, able to draft web content quickly during rapid moments and also able to handle long-term projects that involve various stakeholders. The ideal candidate will manage the content and function of RFFA's websites. They will also help own the relationship with a web agency to rebuild the current site.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working across teams on multiple projects and has a demonstrated commitment to RFFA's core values of collaboration, equity, excellence, inclusion, and transparency and a demonstrated ability to integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion into every aspect of our work.
Reports To: Associate Digital Director
Location: Washington, D.C. - Remote
Salary Range: $62,000.0 - $85,000.0
This Position Is: Exempt, Union Level: IV
- Manage and maintain RFFA's website and microsites—ensuring content remains fresh, cohesive and inclusive. Regularly audits website and internal analytics to identify and address functionality, navigation, design, accessibility and content updates where necessary;
- Write, edit and proofread web content;
- Build inclusive web products including web pages, reports, and fact sheets on our websites;
- Project manage the organization’s website rebuild; ensuring stakeholders are plugged into the process as appropriate and to ensure collaboration, responding timely to vendor questions and needs, keeping the Digital team and Associate Digital Director apprised with status updates;
- Manage multiple priorities and projects across departments, while still ensuring best web practices and strategies for content;
- Act as a liaison between vendors; manage small and large projects with vendors;
- Lead on enforcing RFFA's brand identity and style across all web products to ensure the continued strength of our message and clarity of our vision;
- Assess data and analytics for our web properties, develop a keyword strategy, and conduct tests to improve traffic, engagement, and conversions;
- Work to grow our audience in line with our values of diversity and inclusion, and increase web engagement through our insights and SEO efforts. Stay up to date on newest innovations, best practices, and features in the web development space;
- Make SEO recommendations to staff writing for the website;
- Ensure all web content and site functionality is accessible and approaches web strategy and content writing with equity and inclusion at the forefront of decision-making;
- Coordinate with graphic designers to incorporate visual elements to website;
- Provide general troubleshooting and quality control over websites and email.
- 4+ years of relevant experience, including 2+ years of experience managing website, blog, social, and/or SEO for a media organization, campaign, or nonprofit
- Experience with HTML and CSS;
- Comfortable digging into code in a CMS, CRM, or online database;
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to take complex issues and make them accessible for a diverse audience;
- Experience constructing and troubleshooting email templates and web pages, as well as HTML emails;
- Experience with Wordpress or similar CMS;
- Proficiency with SEO tools and best practices;
- Understanding of data analytics and actionable metrics—comfortable interpreting and analyzing data and can provide recommendations for testing and web strategy to the Digital team;
- Experience project managing, including managing stakeholder approvals and priorities;
- Experience working with or managing external vendors, including web developers;
- Detail-oriented, able to ensure the website’s user experience is as seamless as possible and always having an eye for quality visuals and copy;
- Ability to manage competing, urgent priorities and multiple complex projects simultaneously , especially during breaking news moments when updates are necessary in 24 hours or less;
- Demonstrates excellent communication and collaboration skills; is solutions-oriented and eager to problem-solve across departments while ensuring web best practices and strategies;
- Demonstrated commitment to ensuring anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of our work and our organization; Understanding the critical role that accessibility, diversity, equity, and inclusion plays in the success of the Digital team’s goals;
- Clear understanding of, and commitment to, RFFA's mission and goals.
- Experience in graphic design
- Experience with SQL
- Experience drafting or building emails and/or SMS
Reproductive Freedom for All does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or political affiliation.
Candidates with backgrounds, identities, and experiences that are historically underrepresented in reproductive freedom non-profits are encouraged to apply.