Spring 2024 Georgia Organizing Intern
Reproductive Freedom for All
About Reproductive Freedom for All (Formerly NARAL Pro-Choice America)
For more than 50 years, Reproductive Freedom for All and its chapters have fought to protect and expand reproductive freedom —including access to abortion and contraception — for everybody. We are powered by our more than 4 million members from every state and congressional district in the country, representing the 8 in 10 Americans who believe every person should have the freedom to make the best decision for themselves about if, when, and how to raise a family.
Reproductive Freedom for All centers diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our organization and our work. Continuously learning from our history, we hold ourselves accountable to achieve reproductive freedom with equitable access for everybody. As the oldest and largest national membership organization primarily focused on advocating for abortion access, we organize and mobilize, galvanizing millions of people to take action to defend reproductive freedom, and shining a spotlight of accountability on bad actors who work to impose their ideological agenda on others. We also work to elect champions for reproductive freedom and advance state and federal legislation to safeguard it. For more information on Reproductive Freedom for All, please visit our website.
In this internship, you will perform the following duties:
- Recruit volunteers and members at legislative, coalition, and campaign events in the community or over the phone;
- Meet with emerging leaders 1-1 and plan or host activism skills workshops and trainings with coalition partners (RFA Working Group) and GA Legislators;
- Attend, help plan, advertise for, and host campaign events (Reproductive Freedom Act and HB 146) like member call-in days to mobilize support for a bill, Lobby Days, educational forums, phonebanks, and canvasses;
- Advocate for reproductive freedom and help drive our campaign priorities in legislative session or key elections:
- Continue to bring new volunteers and supporters into the RFA Campaign;
- Educate volunteers and supporters on the history of the RFA along with what is entailed in the bill and why;
- Assist with promoting volunteers and supporters to host and/or attend RFA; House Parties Priorities for Reproductive Freedom for All;
- Building our volunteer base and plugging those new members into initiatives we are participating in during the session;
- Drive awareness to Paid Family Leave Coalition;
- Educate the community and supporters on HB 146.
- Attend department meetings and trainings;
- Track your work in VAN.
In this internship, you will learn:
- More about the reproductive freedom movement and the status of policies affecting our rights in states across the country and federal, and how to talk about these issue;
- Key grassroots organizing tactics critical to mobilizing communities and winning campaigns- like pitching volunteer opportunities or leadership, phonebanking, canvassing, recruitment, volunteer 1 on 1 meetings, lobbying elected officials or government staff;
- Other professional development skills like planning and project management;
- How to use tools like VAN, Hustle, Slack, and Mobilize.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has previous grassroots organizing experience (professional or volunteer) or a demonstrated interest in organizing;
- Is excited to get out into the community and talk to people one on one or in groups, over the phone or in-person, about our reproductive rights;
- Is interested in gaining professional experience in politics and organizing;
- Is willing to work some nights and weekends to attend campaign events;
- Is open to attending events in-person, and currently lives in the city where the position is located;
- Has a personal passion for reproductive freedom;
- Has a demonstrated commitment to supporting a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion are valued;
- Not mandatory - but let us know if you speak multiple languages.