Spring 2024 Talent Intern
Reproductive Freedom for All
About Reproductive Freedom for All (Formerly NARAL Pro-Choice America)
For more than 50 years, Reproductive Freedom for All and its chapters have fought to protect and expand reproductive freedom —including access to abortion and contraception — for everybody. We are powered by our more than 4 million members from every state and congressional district in the country, representing the 8 in 10 Americans who believe every person should have the freedom to make the best decision for themselves about if, when, and how to raise a family.
Reproductive Freedom for All centers diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our organization and our work. Continuously learning from our history, we hold ourselves accountable to achieve reproductive freedom with equitable access for everybody. As the oldest and largest national membership organization primarily focused on advocating for abortion access, we organize and mobilize, galvanizing millions of people to take action to defend reproductive freedom, and shining a spotlight of accountability on bad actors who work to impose their ideological agenda on others. We also work to elect champions for reproductive freedom and advance state and federal legislation to safeguard it. For more information on Reproductive Freedom for All, please visit our website.
In this internship, you will perform the following duties:
- Provide administrative support around the development of processes, protocols, and procedures for the organization such as updating onboarding/offboarding materials, documenting our hiring processes and hiring timelines, creating and launching new hire surveys;
- Examine and revamp ECT team protocols relating to recruitment, onboarding/offboarding,payroll, and benefits administration to identify opportunities for improvement. Assist the Senior Director of Talent in implementing new improvements;
- Audit employee data to ensure records are complete and accurate. Specifically, assist with an audit of I-9 forms;
- Review and revise documents, presentations, and other materials for final copy;
- Work closely with ECT team to brainstorm and gather content for the monthly newsletter and contribute creative ideas for engagement;
- Assist in creating or updating job descriptions for positions as required;
- Employ a socially conscious lens when completing projects to ensure that the language and/or graphics used are inclusive, accessible, and equitable.
In this internship, you will learn:
- The aspects of implementing diversity, equity, and inclusion for the development of staff in a non-profit organization;
- How to build a timeline around projects, working backwards from implementation date;
- The nonprofit field and reproductive freedom movement;
- Communication skills development–Speaking, writing, interpersonal, teamwork/collaboration, leadership;
- About legal compliance, as well as federal and state employment laws;
- Professional behavior and/or knowledge: develop research, analysis, time management, teamwork, multiple task coordination, project management, critical thinking and decision making skills, and navigating challenging conversations.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Has demonstrated ability to proofread documents for both substance and typographical errors;
- Takes initiative to manage projects once direction is given;
- Is organized and can handle multiple projects;
- Has a demonstrated commitment to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Has demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Is committed to advancing reproductive freedom;
- Able to meet deadlines consistently in a fast-paced environment;
- Has strong interpersonal skills and displays cultural sensitivity;
- Puts people first and has a customer service approach to work;
- Has some knowledge of or interest in business administration or human resources.