Major Clients Director
Scale to Win
Major Clients Director
About Scale to Win:
Scale to Win is a fully remote progressive, political tech company founded in 2020 by organizing and fundraising leaders from the Biden/Harris, Bernie 2020, Warren 2020, Bernie 2016, and Hillary for America Presidential campaigns. Scale to Win currently offers a custom Spoke texting platform, a predictive dialer tool, the Scale to Win Dialer, and are building a new blast texting tool.
We work with more than 1000 Democratic and progressive campaigns and organizations working to make change. Current and past clients include the Democratic National Committee, MoveOn, the AOC campaign, Fetterman for Senate, America Votes, and the Working Families Party.
Scale to Win is hiring a Major Clients Director to help develop major client relationships for our products.
About the role:
- Serve as Scale to Win’s primary point of contact throughout the sales process with major accounts; including US Senate campaigns, major unions, national independent expenditure groups, Democratic political committees, large scale consultancies, and more.
- Own prospective major client relationships, from outbound pitch (or inbound lead) and request for proposal, to product demos, technical and security review, through contract and negotiation, and more to ultimately close the deal to help our team hit ambitious revenue targets.
- Develop pricing strategy and prepare bids for major accounts to position Scale to Win in the strongest standing to win business.
- Liaise with other members of the Scale to Win team to represent the needs of potential clients to close deals; including the Scale to Win tech team to discuss feature requests made by prospective clients, legal during contract review, and Scale to Win Operations around billing, among others.
- Stay up to date on the changing texting and calling landscape to serve prospective clients as a valued advisor throughout the sales process.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the STW offerings and associated use cases to help answer client questions as they decide whether or not to purchase STW products.
- Develop new client prospects by reaching out directly to potential client leads. Work to set a major clients account strategy and then execute on that strategy. This will involve significant creativity and flexibility. E.g. if a major campaign has gone dark after staff turnover, you’re flexible to be able to pivot to work with their consulting firm to identify another point of contact and bring the deal across the finish line.
- Develop marketing materials as needed to help close major deals. This may include working with our designer or other marketing consultants.
Reports to Director of Sales
Note, position is fully remote.
YOU are most likely a former Senate or Gubernatorial program director, or someone at a national political committee or organization with deep knowledge of texting and calling tools. YOU are excited to work with major Democratic statewide organizing and fundraising programs as they select tools and work with them as a partner to set their programs up for success.
While we don’t necessarily expect successful applicants to have all of the below experiences, you likely have had relevant experience with a number of the bullets below:
- YOU have major political, advocacy, or non-profit organizing and/or fundraising experience that includes significant work with texting and/or calling tools. You’ve run major statewide or national programs to turn out voters, raise millions of dollars, and more. YOU deeply understand our political and non-profit clients’ pain points, desired solutions, and needs. You’re excited to work with colleagues who’ve led some of the largest texting and calling programs in American politics, and you have experience to match.
- YOU understand best practices in fundraising and organizing. YOU know, e.g., why a campaign would want to target 30 day actives, or how a campaign might go about trying to re-engage lapsed recurring donors. You can talk fluently with experts in fundraising and organizing about how STW tools work and how they can use STW tools to meet their organization’s goals.
- YOU are a pro at working with multiple, senior stakeholders. You’re comfortable on a call with lawyers, senior developers, campaign managers, program directors, and more. You’re able to facilitate impactful conversations that move opportunities forward.
- YOU have experience working with or negotiating major contracts as either a client or vendor. This isn’t your first time negotiating large contracts and you have an eye towards finding creative, win-win solutions, sometimes with significant complexity, that set both parties up for success.
- YOU are an ace at following up. Meeting attendees leave meetings you’ve facilitated with clear next steps and you check in with attendees to make sure project steps are completed on (or ahead of) time.
- YOU are detail oriented. You’re able to track your ongoing deals and tasks using our sales CRM (HubSpot) and understand exactly what needs to be done to move the deal along.
- YOU are excited to develop new business. This might come from cold outreach efforts, referrals from existing clients, or your own connections within the political space, but you’re excited to initiate new opportunities to help Scale to Win grow.
- YOU are a good writer and clear communicator. YOU are a pro at communicating over email, on Zoom, and (post-COVID) in person. You write, and speak, to be understood, and are as comfortable speaking 1:1 as drafting copy for marketing materials.
- YOU are a strong progressive. We work with Democratic and progressive candidates and causes. We are strongly committed to advancing a more just future for all.
- $100,000 yearly salary. As part of our commitment to equity, salaries are non-negotiable: everyone in the same role receives the same salary.
- Position eligible to participate in 2023 / 2024 profit share. Similar roles in 2021 / 2022 would have earned approximately $148,000 in total profit share across the two year cycle. Note that STW bonuses are paid as a part of profit share across the team, and therefore dependent on profitability and likely to be paid out disproportionately at the conclusion of the 2024 election cycle.
- Remote working with flexible working conditions so that you can balance family or other commitments. We’re also open to part-time and contractor arrangements.
- 8 company holidays and 2 floating holidays.
- Generous paid vacation (up to 25 days a year with time accrued monthly); paid parental leave, paid sick leave benefits
- Fully-paid, top-notch health insurance for you and your dependents.
- Additional benefits: support to visit conferences and political gatherings, reimbursement for tools, post-COVID company meetups.
The position will be open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Something looks off?