Bilingual Communications Manager
About Siembra NC
Siembra NC (and our c3 affiliate, Somos Siembra) is a grassroots organization focused on building power by organizing our Latinxs gente in North Carolina. We’re part of the movement to overturn the New Confederacy by electing candidates up and down the ballot who will back our campaigns to reclaim stolen wages, stop exploitative landlords and keep ICE, sheriffs and police from separating, jailing and abusing Black & Brown North Carolinians. In addition to successful campaigns to defend workers, stop evictions and free dozens from ICE jails, we’ve registered thousands of Latinos to vote each of the last three years and have led the state’s largest Latino voter engagement door program in 2020 and 2022. We’re part of a movement ecosystem that successfully mobilized over 400,000 additional progressive voters in the last presidential election, have become one of only six states to gain a congressional seat following the 2020 Census, and laid the groundwork to make the state a battleground state for the 2024 presidential election.
About the Position
Position Summary: Siembra NC seeks a savvy Bilingual Communications Manager that can amplify our organization and members' voices and drive public narratives. The Bilingual Communications Manager will be responsible for cultivating narratives that speak to different constituencies about our work, political campaigns, and members' experiences. The Billingual Communications Manager will report to the Co-Director.
- Developing and proposing multi-prong strategic communications plans that address internal and external communications needs and consider website, email, social media, traditional media, and more, all designed to reach diverse audiences with culturally-appropriate messaging through accessible vehicles.
- Drafting and editing social media posts, statements to press, and op-eds attributed to Siembra NC.
- Leveraging their existing relationships and creating new relationships with press to elevate Siembra’s media profile.
- Ensuring all outward-facing campaigns and organizing have smart communications strategy baked-in from the beginning
- Ensuring coherent, cohesive messaging and branding across the organization’s platforms.
- Provide training and technical assistance to Siembra’s members relating to press and communications.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in communications, narrative writing, and/or social media management
- Excellent writing skills in both English and Spanish. This includes drafting quotes, op-eds, speeches, and creative social media content.
- Experience working with working class people and immigrants and developing thei rability to speak confidently to reporters.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with journalists and reporters.
- Work diligently under tight deadlines.
- Comfortable speaking on the record on behalf of Siembra, both with Spanish and English press.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to be adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- An excellent collaborator and team player.
The Bilingual Communications Manager is required to be located in North Carolina.
Benefits and Compensation
This is a full-time position with an annual salary of $80,000. We offer employer-based health care for the family and a generous paid time off policy.
How to Apply
Please upload a cover letter, resume, and at least three references to email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled.
In your email or cover letter, please include how you heard about this position