Digital Service Expert, Procurement Strategy, Colorado Digital Services
State of Colorado
Together, we innovate for a stronger Colorado
The work of employees at the Governor's Office of Information Technology (OIT) is challenging and diverse because the needs of agencies, customers and Coloradans constantly evolve. But our focus never changes: improve the lives of all Coloradans through innovation and collaboration. We're building one of the nation's leading government IT organizations by reimagining how we support agencies, building first-of-their-kind applications, and creating an inclusive, collaborative culture, together. Join us in the important work of providing equitable access to services.
We believe equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. We know it's important to support each other, and that means having a healthy balance of work and personal time, and benefits that allow us all to have fulfilling lives.
Watch this video to learn about how OIT is thinking differently!
Description of Job
****Digital Service Expert positions are term-limited for two years, with some opportunity for a one-year extension. ****
Are you a technologist at your core who is a versatile team player and cross-functional contributor and skilled in delivering digital services? As our new Digital Service Expert, specializing in Procurement Strategy you will be a respected authority on a diverse range of issues related to technology, government procurement, digital service delivery, and technology policy.
We are inviting you to join Digital Service Experts to partner with agencies to design, build, and buy sustainable technologies that help Coloradans thrive. The team has worked on child welfare, COVID-19 pandemic response, Universal Preschool, and more. This is a unique opportunity to work with a number of high-impact state projects across a variety of agencies.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities as a procurement lead will include:
- Solving complex problems, participating in continuous improvement, and adapting the ideas of others across a cross-functional team.
- Understanding budgeting, accounting, or grants management quickly and dynamically when onboarded to a variety of projects.
- Leveraging experience using multiple solicitation vehicles, piggyback clauses, vendor pools, requests for proposals, and any other tools to effectively source a product or service to meet an outcome.
- Using procurement strategically and creatively, or partnering with those teams, to achieve program outcomes.
- Leveraging your deep familiarity with contracting processes, terms, and negotiations such that the candidate can structure contract incentives to prioritize the correct outcomes.
- Creating documentation and facilitating conversations about procurement with team members and agency partners.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
A wide salary range is posted for this position and any job offer is based upon a salary analysis to comply with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The salary analysis considers relevant experience, education, certifications, and state seniority as compared to others doing substantially similar work. While all offers are compliant with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, there is no guarantee an offer will be at the top of the posted range based on the salary analysis.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Procurement Specialist in complex environments; extensive experience with service delivery and customer satisfaction; relevant experience in an IT applications/solutions delivery role.
- Documented proficiency in working collaboratively with teams across the software development life cycle.
- Additional appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis, but cannot completely substitute for these qualifications.
- Training or Certification related to the work assigned to the position will be assigned credit towards substitution for experience and/or education, but cannot completely substitute for these qualifications.
- If the minimum qualifications include a degree requirement, the additional appropriate paid or unpaid experience will substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience in short-term or long-term planning to determine contract requirements and an active vendor management strategy for customers.
- Curiosity to understand different how software is made and a desire to improve the state can procure effective solutions.
- Experience working in, or with, the public sector is a plus.
- Experience in a high-growth start-up environment.
Conditions of Employment:
OIT employees must comply with any screening procedures in place at state entity locations where they might be required to perform work.
A pre-employment background check will be conducted as part of the selection process.
Positions supporting some agencies such as the Department of Corrections and the Department of Public Safety will also require a pre-employment drug test.
This position may require travel within the specified geographic area, and to locations across the state as needed.
This position may require on-call duties as needed by the position.
If this posting indicates “remote from anywhere in CO” in the title, periodic reporting to the primary state work location designated for the position is required. All remote work must be performed in Colorado.
While candidates from out of state will be considered for this role, the candidate selected for the position must relocate and reside in Colorado on the first day of their new position. A reasonable timeframe for relocation will be established on an individual basis, while considering business needs, and determining a start date.
Our application process and what to expect after you apply are described in the videos found here.
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
The Governor's Office of Information Technology is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our ADA Coordinator at OIT_HR@state.co.us or call (303) 764-7900.
This posting may be used to fill multiple vacancies based upon business need.
The Governor's Office of Information Technology does NOT offer sponsored Visas for employment purposes.