Digital Service Expert, Service Design, Colorado Digital Services
State of Colorado
Together, we innovate for a stronger Colorado
The work of employees at the Governor's Office of Information Technology (OIT) is challenging and diverse because the needs of agencies, customers and Coloradans constantly evolve. But our focus never changes: improve the lives of all Coloradans through innovation and collaboration. We're building one of the nation's leading government IT organizations by reimagining how we support agencies, building first-of-their-kind applications, and creating an inclusive, collaborative culture, together. Join us in the important work of providing equitable access to services.
We believe equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. We know it's important to support each other, and that means having a healthy balance of work and personal time, and benefits that allow us all to have fulfilling lives.
Watch this video to learn about how OIT is thinking differently!
Description of Job
Digital Service Expert positions are term-limited for two years, with some opportunity for a one-year extension.
We are looking for a Digital Service Expert, with expertise in Service Design, on the Colorado Digital Service. In this role, which will initially assist the Behavioral Health Team, you will be focusing on ways to help identify the relationship between the technical landscape and the human experience. You will work closely with state agency partners as well as other Digital Service Experts to embark on transforming the behavioral health landscape for all Coloradans.
In addition to other areas of State government, this position will assist the digital service efforts of The Behavioral Health Administration (BHA).The BHA’s vision for Colorado is to create a world where behavioral health services are accessible, meaningful, and trusted. Access to a continuum of behavioral health services is needed in Colorado, regardless of the severity of need, ability to pay, age, race, functional ability, linguistics, geographic location, gender identity, and sexual orientation. The BHA has a multi-year strategy for rapidly growing and evolving a modern behavioral health technology ecosystem in Colorado that provides people-first behavioral health services.
Some of your day-to-day responsibilities as a service designer will include:
- Lead the end-to-end human-centered design and research process for key projects.
- Use both human-centered and data-driven research methodologies to generate insights and key learnings.
- Design visual aids such as mockups and wireframes of varying fidelity to share with team members, stakeholders, and users.
- Consult on various projects across state government and provide software engineering strategy and tactics to enhance OIT operations and service delivery.
- Lead the development and delivery of modern solutions that meet the needs of users for a key project.
- Establish the foundational infrastructure required for deploying solutions.
- Being self-motivated and able to effectively manage time and tasks and communicate information up and down the stakeholder pipeline.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
A wide salary range is posted for this position and any job offer is based upon a salary analysis to comply with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The salary analysis considers relevant experience, education, certifications, and state seniority as compared to others doing substantially similar work. While all offers are compliant with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, there is no guarantee an offer will be at the top of the posted range based on the salary analysis.
- At least 5 years of experience as a Designer in complex environments; extensive experience with service delivery and customer satisfaction; relevant experience in an IT applications/solutions delivery role.
- Documented proficiency in working collaboratively with teams across the software development life cycle.
- Additional appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis, but cannot completely substitute for these qualifications.
- Training or Certification related to the work assigned to the position will be assigned credit towards substitution for experience and/or education, but cannot completely substitute for these qualifications.
- If the minimum qualifications include a degree requirement, the additional appropriate paid or unpaid experience will substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
- Experience in data-centric user research and understanding the human impacts of data systems, identifying key user groups, and applying the right methodology for the research goal at hand.
- Experience leading a research project and comfort with outlining team needs required for success, as well as, creating user journey diagrams, visual mockups, and other artifacts that accelerate the work to connect disparate data systems.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively communicate findings and recommendations to leadership.
- Demonstrated service design skills that make abstract data integration outcomes tangible to non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiarity with the Behavioral Health field and/or experience in a start-up environment is a plus.
Conditions of Employment:
OIT employees must comply with any screening procedures in place at state entity locations where they might be required to perform work.
A pre-employment background check will be conducted as part of the selection process.
Positions supporting some agencies such as the Department of Corrections and the Department of Public Safety will also require a pre-employment drug test.
This position may require travel within the specified geographic area, and to locations across the state as needed.
This position may require on-call duties as needed by the position.
If this posting indicates “remote from anywhere in CO” in the title, periodic reporting to the primary state work location designated for the position is required. All remote work must be performed in Colorado.
While candidates from out of state will be considered for this role, the candidate selected for the position must relocate and reside in Colorado on the first day of their new position. A reasonable timeframe for relocation will be established on an individual basis, while considering business needs, and determining a start date.
Our application process and what to expect after you apply are described in the videos found here.
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
The Governor's Office of Information Technology is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our ADA Coordinator at OIT_HR@state.co.us or call (303) 764-7900.
This posting may be used to fill multiple vacancies based upon business need.
The Governor's Office of Information Technology does NOT offer sponsored Visas for employment purposes.