Product Manager and Developer (comp listed)
Survey 160 seeks a Product Manager to be a cornerstone member of our small but growing team. Survey 160 is a research company that builds and uses proprietary software to conduct live interviewer SMS surveys on elections, public policy, and other topics. The Product Manager will manage process and contribute technically to our engineering team to build new features for a well-designed, robust, scalable platform. Through this work, you will help Survey 160 achieve its mission of providing accurate and actionable public opinion research at affordable costs to Democratic, progressive and non-profit clients. This role is ideal for someone with experience and/or interest in software development and who is passionate about tech, software development and advancing progressive values. Candidates of color, women and non-binary candidates, and LGBTQ candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- Manage agile development process, including writing and prioritizing tickets and working with other team members to track progress and timelines
- Set and enforce workflows for software development
- Contribute to full-stack development in collaboration with engineering team
- Contribute to needs assessments, user stories, program specifications and prototypes
- Write, test, debug, integrate and ship high-quality, well-documented code, both your own and others’
- Investigate and respond to customer issues related to the technical stack
- Create and promote clear documentation
- Experience and interest in product management, specifically including agile methodologies
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (e.g., Flask, React, Django)
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking & communication skills
- Be self-motivated and work well remotely (don't we all now?)
- Believe in building an inclusive community with and for your coworkers
- Familiarity with specific elements of our tech stack, including a Python/Flask API, React JS frontend, PostgreSQL database hosted on Google Cloud Platform, and text messaging APIs (e.g. Twilio)
- Understand how microservices run together on cloud technologies/SaaS (e.g., GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Knowledge of software design patterns, particularly relating to large scale web applications
- Familiarity with modern DevOps protocols
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Experience working collaboratively with teams of engineers, product managers, and other key stakeholders
- Experience with Agile project management techniques
The salary for this position is $90,000 - $120,000, depending on experience.
You're a great problem solver who takes pride in your work and in making a difference? This is a chance to gain experience building for scale and seeing impactful work in production. Please contact Kevin Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Survey 160 recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. Survey 160 celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.