SWAY—a Democratic TV ad-making firm—is looking to hire a Production Manager, who will have oversight of production and billing for the 2022 campaign cycle.
The Production Manager will oversee the production of the firm’s commercial shoots, the distribution of TV, Digital, and Radio ads, as well as day-to-day operations of the company, including scheduling and billing.
This is an ideal position for someone who wants to work with a small-but mighty firm to make a positive impact and progressive change in upcoming political races, strong attention to detail, and has a background in video production or is willing to learn.
The role is DC-metro-based, with opportunity for some remote work, but an expectation of in-person for spring through the November election of 2022.
- Work directly with SWAY principals and editors to facilitate the production of TV, Digital, and Radio ads from drafting through execution: pre-production planning, coordinating video shoots, tracking and facilitating edits, audio mixing and final delivery, invoicing and billing;
- Responsible for sourcing and booking all crew positions for video shoots throughout the country;
- Assisting in the research and preparation of elements including video, stock footage, music, and quotes for use in video, digital, and radio advertising;
- Create and maintain production documents (e.g. schedules, call sheets);
- Exercise discretion and good judgement in representing the company while regularly interfacing with clients, talent, and crew members regarding scheduling, invoicing, and payment issues;
- Occasional travel required; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and skill requirements
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working either in electoral politics OR a professional video, film, or multimedia/live production environment;
- Self-starter who can effectively meet all deadlines by independently prioritizing tasks across multiple projects;
- Efficient organizational and time-management skills with strong attention to detail and ability to self-motivate and manage are essential;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Strong work ethic & willingness to work long and irregular hours, including evenings and weekends;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office365 Suite, especially Excel;
- Positive can-do attitude;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to keep cool under pressure and make on-the-ground independent judgement calls in rapidly changing environments;
- Strong references.
Email your resume, cover letter, and three references to coop[AT]swaydc[DOT]com with the subject line: PRODUCTION MANAGER APPLICATION [Your First and Last Name]. Please include the word “Chocolate” somewhere in your cover letter. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
SWAY is a strategic communications and multimedia production company that specializes in production of top-quality content for TV, radio and digital. At SWAY, we deliver break-out strategy and media that help win campaigns, build support for issues, and improve positioning and imaging of organizations and nonprofits.
SWAY is designed to be a smaller, more hands-on firm that delivers on what it promises: day-to-day strategic partnership and attention-getting TV ads, radio, and digital content. SWAY limits the number of clients we take on so we can really dig in and spend the time and energy it takes to craft strategies and ads that are singularly unique to each campaign.
Our clients include Democratic office holders from the U.S. Senate to state legislators and municipal officers, along with organizations like the DCCC, NEA, NARAL, VoteVets, Planned Parenthood, Sierra Club, and Democratic candidates across the country like Congresswoman Marie Newman and Gubernatorial candidate Nellie Gorbea.
- Annual salary commensurate with experience within a range of $45,000-$60,000.
- SWAY offers health care, paid parental leave, paid time off and cell phone reimbursement to all full-time employees.
Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
SWAY has a commitment both to working for diverse candidates and organizations, as well as to maintaining internal diversity. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.