Senior Vice President of Programs, Labor
TechEquity Collaborative is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising public consciousness about economic equity issues that result from the tech industry’s products and practices, and advocating for change that ensures tech’s evolution benefits everyone. We envision a world where the tech industry is responsible for building widespread economic prosperity, and is held accountable for the economic harms it creates in our communities.
TechEquity Collaborative is seeking an experienced and visionary leader to join our team as the Senior Vice President of Programs, Labor. This senior leadership role requires an individual with 8-12+ years of experience in labor policy, advocacy, or research. The ideal candidate will excel in managing large organizational projects, have a proven track record of leading teams in mission-driven settings, and possess a deep understanding of the intersection between technology and labor.
Specific areas of responsibility for this role include:
- Program Leadership: Lead and oversee TechEquity Collaborative’s labor programs, including the Contract Worker Disparity Project and the Tech, Bias, and Labor Initiative. Provide subject matter expertise and strategic direction for the success of these initiatives.
- Vision and Strategy: Develop a compelling vision and strategy for the labor programs, aligning them with the overall mission and goals of the organization. Drive innovation and thought leadership in the areas of labor, bias, and technology.
- Project Development and Management: Develop, manage, and implement projects throughout the entire lifecycle. Ensure timely completion of projects to enhance organizational success and impact.
- Team Management: Ability to help lead a cross-organizational team on various projects, fostering collaboration and ensuring each team member is equipped to contribute effectively. Provide mentorship, guidance, and opportunities for team members to develop their skills.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Cultivate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including labor organizations, policymakers, researchers, and academics. Collaborate with external partners to amplify the impact of TechEquity Collaborative’s labor programs.
- Research and Position Development: Conduct research on critical labor and industry trends, using insights to develop TechEquity Collaborative’s position on relevant issues. Provide thought leadership by contributing to public discourse on labor, economic equity, and tech policy.
- Policy Advocacy: Stay informed about labor and tech policy developments and trends. Advocate for policies that promote equity, inclusivity, and transparency in the tech industry and beyond.
- Reporting and Evaluation: Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess the success and impact of our labor programs and initiatives. Regularly report progress to the senior leadership team.
This senior-level role is ideal for someone with the following:
- 8-12+ years of experience in labor policy, advocacy, or research
- Proven experience in planning and leading organization-wide campaigns or initiatives to achieve goals and objectives.
- Strong writing and public speaking skills, with the ability to present ideas in an organized and compelling manner.
- Commitment to organizational values and mission, with a demonstrated interest and experience in labor, economic justice, and/or tech policy.
- Strong networking skills and the ability to engage with a diverse community of individuals and organizations aligned with the organization’s mission.
- Experience supervising teams, providing coaching and learning opportunities, and contributing to building a transparent, safe, and positive organizational culture.
- This is a fully remote*, competitive salaried position with medical/dental/vision and retirement benefits.
- Location is remote with quarterly meetings in Northern California.
- We value work/life balance and offer unlimited time off, flexible work hours, and a 4.5-day work week.
- The salary range for this position is in line with our organizational payscale: $135,069 to $162,083. This represents the present low and high end of the Organization’s pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary based on various factors, including but not limited to experience. Salary range is set based on our headquarters region (100 driving miles from Oakland City Center). Outside of the headquarters region, the organization adjusts the payscale, not to exceed 10% adjustment, based on location to ensure equitable pay across the country.
- TechEquity is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage people from communities underrepresented in the tech industry to apply for this role. We value lived experience and encourage applicants who may not feel they can check off every skill listed above to still apply.
- Our interview process includes:An initial phone screen for 30 minutes (or less). Typically, the second interview is a panel with members of the team and lasts for 60-75 minutes. The final interview is with our Senior Leadership Team and lasts 45-60 minutes. A successful candidate going through all three rounds should plan to spend no more than 3 hours total in the interview process.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume here. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
*While the role is open to remote applicants, there is a preference for applicants located in California. Please note that we are unable to hire people living in Alaska or Hawaii.