Senior Campaign Operations Associate
The Hub Project
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 3, 2023
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprising a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating an environment where people from all backgrounds can participate, grow, and succeed in our organization. We believe we have a duty to use our power and privilege to contribute to transformational change to ensure our government is working for everyone and that all families have a fair shot.
The Hub Project is looking for an experienced Senior Campaign Operations Associate to help
manage and facilitate the operations of campaign programs focused on educating the public
about critical economic issues and holding representatives accountable to their constituents.
The Senior Campaign Operations Associate will work with a team of passionate and talented staff
within the organization to support dynamic and effective issue advocacy campaigns. You’ll help
manage the day-to-day operations systems for programming on both state and national
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time, Exempt,
Salary range: $55,000 - $58,000
As Senior Campaign Operations Associate, you will:
- Assist in maintaining budgets and helping ensure payment of services for consultants and vendors for programming
- Support IT and technology needs
- Help in tracking independent expenditure products, media buys and other expenses, approval process, and reporting details
- Serve as a resource for external vendors by interacting with payroll, benefits, and other HR third-party providers
- Manage vendor relationships, as needed
- Assist with special projects as needed and as time permits
- You are committed to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans and passionate about preserving and strengthening our democracy.
- You have experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- You have experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, specifically marginalized communities, in considering the impact and outcomes of decision-making.
- You have at least 2 years experience working in an advocacy organization or campaign setting managing operations, including finance and budgeting.
- You have at least 1 year experience moderating budgets and achieving outcomes within budgetary constraints.
- You have a proven track record of building consensus and experience working with partner organizations and forming meaningful organizational collaboration.
- You are highly detail-oriented in the tracking of financial and operational matters.
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator and have the ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
In addition, it would be a bonus if…
- You have experience working with advocacy organizations and campaign setting managing operations.
- You are familiar with the unique policy and political environment of states across the country.
This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit; specific employment terms and conditions are subject to labor-management negotiations and a potential Collective Bargaining Agreement
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in 401k retirement plan and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 120 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment.
The Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click "Apply For This Job." This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
See more open positions at The Hub Project
Something looks off?