Senior Manager, Partnerships & External Affairs
The Hub Project
Sales & Business Development
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2023
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprising a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating an environment where people from all backgrounds can participate, grow, and succeed in our organization. We believe we have a duty to use our power and privilege to contribute to transformational change to ensure our government is working for everyone and that all families have a fair shot.
Position SummaryThe Senior Manager of Partnerships and External Affairs will serve as the central coordinator of partnership management and coordination across the democracy campaigns. The Senior Manager of Partnerships and External Affairs is someone who thrives in teamwork settings, has a knack for outreach and working with partners, and has a passion for creative problem-solving. Working closely with the Hub’s Senior Director & Deputy Director of Democracy Campaigns, you’ll work with teams across the Hub to align our strategy with that of our partner organizations, and you will provide support to the team’s Hill outreach efforts as needed. You’ll also work to make sure our allies are up-to-date on Hub initiatives and informed about our programs.
Position: Senior Manager, Partnerships & External Affairs
Reports to: Deputy Director, Democracy Campaigns
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt. This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit; specific employment terms and conditions are subject to labor-management negotiations and a potential Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Band: $70,000 - $75,000
As the Senior Manager, Partnerships & External Affairs, you’ll...
- Lead the charge in building relationships with new partners and potential allies and support the charge in building and maintaining Hill relationships.
- Maintain our partnership database and advise the Senior Director & Deputy Director on the strategic management of these relationships.
- Develop strategies on how to best push a progressive policy agenda and work with partnersThink creatively about how to work with partners, expand our partnerships, and leverage existing relationshipsEffectively organize and communicate information to partners.
- Collaborate with Hub campaign staff on other teams (i.e. digital, communications, research, and operations) to be responsive to requests from allies.
- Collaborate with Hub campaign staff to document, identify, and strategize around existing partnerships in both economic and democracy issue areas. Organize events/roundtables for The Hub to network and identify opportunities for collaboration.
- Tack, attend, and/or assist in organizing both Hub-led and external movement convenings. Accurately differentiate and prioritize information and/or issues and determine who needs to be consulted or kept informed.
- Communicate fundamentals and principles related to the organization’s work to a variety of internal and external stakeholder
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You have at least 4 years of experience working with progressive allies to execute complicated campaigns and tasks.
- You have experience in progressive organizing and event planning and know how to create successful actions. Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google sheets.
- You’re excellent at developing and managing relationships
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You’re a pro at multitasking and working under tight deadlines in a dynamic environment
- You’re well-organized and detailed-oriented
- You’re a creative problem-solver and enjoy the minutiae of Congressional procedures
- You’re committed to a just, inclusive, and robust economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans and is passionate about preserving and strengthening our democratic institutions.
How to Apply - To begin the application process, click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are able to enroll in 401k retirement plan and are eligible for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401k contributions. Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 120 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment.
The Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click "Apply For This Job." This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.