Research Manager, Economic Education Project
The Hub Project
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2023
About The Hub
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprising a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating an environment where people from all backgrounds can participate, grow, and succeed in our organization. We believe we have a duty to use our power and privilege to contribute to transformational change to ensure our government is working for everyone and that all families have a fair shot.
The Hub Project is looking for a Research Manager to join the Economic Education Project. The Research Manager will produce original research and fact check materials to hold members of Congress across the country accountable for their issue stances and actions. The Research Manager will work closely with the rest of the Research Department and other members of the Economic Education Project to ensure that the team’s accountability campaigns are both strong and accurate.
Salary Range: $60,000-$65,000
As a Research Manager, you will:
- Conduct and compile timely research to drive accountability and issue advocacy campaigns, primarily on the Congressional district level.
- Fact-check materials, ranging from television advertisements to press releases, to ensure that all our arguments are backed up with solid evidence.
- Contribute to the development of new ideas for research and campaign tactics that can advance our arguments and support our goals.
- Help identify rapid response opportunities and provide support to the development of rapid response materials when breaking news and/or unexpected events affect our campaigns.
- Draft written research materials, including long-form memos and rapid response explainers, and help translate dense content into digestible and useful information.
- Provide guidance to state and local partners on how to utilize research and to run targeted accountability campaigns.
- Collaborate with Hub staff across the team (digital, communications, campaigns, consultants) to meet their research needs.
- Track U.S. House votes and activities and monitor relevant news and policy analyses.
- Perform other research duties as assigned.
- All employees of NVF are required to complete timesheets
- You have three years or one election cycle of prior experience in advocacy research or political research.
- You have a familiarity with online research tools and with common research techniques, including research bullet writing.
- You are a strong writer and editor who is able to synthesize complicated issues into clear points and compelling narratives.
- You’re comfortable working under tight deadlines in a dynamic work environment without sacrificing accuracy or quality.
- You can manage multiple projects while also contributing to a team.
- You’re well organized and extremely detail-oriented.
- You’re committed to advocating for an economy that works for everyone and centers justice and equity.
- You’re committed to racial equity and understand its intersectionality with economic justice.
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Familiarity with the House of Representatives or U.S. House campaigns a plus
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families). Employees are also eligible for pre-tax transportation benefits. Employees will receive 120 hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave annually. Employees will also receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Employees are eligible for 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment.
The Hub is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
COVID-19 Safety Considerations and Vaccination Policy
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, The Hub requires that any employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees are expected to report to work in person; all individuals entering the Hub offices will be asked to produce vaccination documentation for entrance to the premises. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at HR@newventurefund.org.
How to apply
To begin the application process, click "Apply For This Job." This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.